All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. What actually happened last season is that Hearts had a wee purple patch while Aberdeen were out of form around the turn of the year.
  3. Was at Selhurst Park tonight. My god Newcastle are gash (Isak and Guimares aside). Will Hughes ran the show.
  4. No team wanting to win the West Of Scotland Premier League? Thought Clydebank were a shoe in at one point, but no wins in February 24 seemed to put the breaks on that one. Now, Beith have only won, one of last 3 matches. Auchinleck can now draw level if they win all their games in hand, but is that a step too far? Also, what’s with Clydebank having no league matches since 6 April? Momentum can be key, but this gap must be detrimental to their cause.
  5. ... for Fairs Cup of 1960 and 1961 it may have been as only Edinburgh was a member of the trade fairs body?
  6. Could the reason 1960, 1961 & 1962 Fairs Cup entries be due to entry in the early days was restricted to cities that held trade fairs? Hence the Inter Cities Fairs Cup.
  7. Beck is a big loss I reckon but if we get 5th I reckon we will see him back on a short term loan. Europe qualification will give us access to high quality loans.
  8. I drive a lot of hire cars at work and hands down the absolute worst of the lot has been the Crossland * . For some reason as well last year enterprise seemed to only ever send us Crosslands ,heart would sink every time you saw them lined up in the car park, must have had a massive surplus of them . Horrible interior , car feels like it's going to topple over at every turn , terrible UI , absolutely uninspiring from every angle. The Grandland x is almost bearable to drive for a while , definitely not been Vauxhall's best range which is a shame as some of their Astra's have been cracking fun to drive and the Insignia is a bit of hidden gem as well. * Not the actual worst , that has to go to the Duster which I realise bookends this thread pretty well . Only ever had to drive one from Perth to Motherwell and it was easily the worst car journey I've ever had . Nasty interior , gearstick felt like it wasn't even attached to anything and the horrible seat/steering wheel/ handbrake layout nearly undone 2 years of chiropractic work in the space of an hour.
  9. Not sure they would attract sufficient walk up’s to cover for the shortfall. Let’s say we have what 900 season ticket holders who sign up yearly. If they all go 5 yearly, we get a shit load of extra money in year 1. We throw a load of money at the team, gain promotion to the promised land. Attract some new fans and have a couple of years in the Premier League before doing a Livvy and coming back down. We then find ourselves back the championship, probably with a significantly higher wage bill than we have now and still have 2 years with no season ticket money coming in and crowds that are in decline because those new fans we attracted during the good years don’t hang around. It’s all hypothetical but we definitely wouldn’t be the first club to try to throw money at it and fail….. Maybe the 5 year tickets are capped at so many per year to ensure a more steady income stream over time.
  10. They could have 2 up and 2 down, making it easier and less desperate and possibly (maybe not) lessen the likelihood of a team chucking silly money at it. However, the big problem is the set-up below League 2. A lot of the teams would not want to be in the Highland League and (if you believe the regular rumours) a lot of the Highland League teams do not want promotion.
  11. Now very curious about where he's heading.
  12. We should go for this considering that 94th minute cheeky equaliser last time . 3 nil Falkirk
  13. Lochgelly Albert 3-3 Bathgate Thistle, East of Scotland Third Division. Attendance 90. Lochgelly found themselves 3-1 in front against their promotion-chasing opponents midway through the second half and although they'd had the better of the chances there had been little between the sides. Their second was the penalty in the clip below. As darkness drew in I heard the ref saying there would be three additional minutes and in the third of those Bathgate pulled it back to 3-2. Cue goal-net stramash to get the ball back, standard booking for the keeper. Incredibly, Bathgate snatched their equaliser within a minute and it finished 3-3. I nearly left early too as I was meeting a pal. This is one of my favourite grounds of its size, it's so tidy and well looked-after. A credit to the club and their volunteers - and a surprisingly beautiful view to the south. Easy to forget Lochgelly is basically on top of a hill, the ground sits at 165 metres, though the wind tonight was a sharp reminder. 20240424_194624.mov
  14. This season is the worse Meadow team I can remember to have so many big losses. Can see another relegation next season if we don't manage to build a far better squad together. Been far too many of our best players been sold to our league rivals on the cheap and replacements been of a far poorer standard. Need some clever investment in playing squad & big changes at the club or we will languish in 1st - 2nd Divisions...
  15. Nah, politicians would never be so petty, eh?
  16. The gurning gimp's farewell tour whimpering away like a weak fart is probably better than a devastating last day catastrophe like Slippy G or the like. Haha.
  17. Not being able to hit a cow's arse with a banjo is one thing, but those goals are way too soft.
  18. I can remember getting into Somerset for 1s 3d or for free when my dad went (lifted over). He paid 2s 6d. In decimal currency 2s 6d was 12.5p.
  19. If we didn't have mon Wed sat games I think we would have been in with a chance
  20. Caledonian Braves voted for the B teams, according to the LL forum Broomhill were the other team to vote against.
  21. Bair would have broken all the scoring records if Miller was feeding Johnson to give Theo all those plates.
  22. So, a nearby High School (last 4 years) is now on lockdown due to a shooting. Occurred on campus, outside a portable classroom, but the police will only say one person is in hospital in critical condition, and will not say if it’s a student. The school, and a block or so around, it is closed down…the students were being held in the stadium until they could be bussed 6 miles to a “reunion center” to be released (their backpacks, books, laptops, cars, etc are all locked down at the campus). Parents/guardians are being directed to the reunion center, but are currently sitting in their vehicles waiting to present ID to get their student released…this is now 2-3 hours after the event. After all those students are released, I’ve no idea what they’ll do with the remaining students without a parent/guardian to “recover” them…they’re 6 miles away from the school, and Arlington has no public transit. This is the situation that parents say means their students need their cell phones. Basically, any student without a cell phone is unable to let their family know they’re OK unless friends can help them. It’s a s**t argument, but necessary in today’s ’Murica.its also why kids as young as 8 or less are increasingly showing up at school with cell phones here.
  23. I went to Stuttgart 30 years ago. I thought it was quite a nice city. The Art Gallery was decent from what I remember. We visited this nearby castle which is called Lichtenstein Castle (it ain't in Lichtenstein). There's a light.. over at the Frankenstein place...
  1. Load more activity