All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. And there goes my final weekend extravaganza. Thanks Kennie, it's almost as if he reads my posts and did it purely forcthe shits and giggles. Honestly, I do think it will all be done and dusted even before the 11th, but pardon me for trying to drum up some excitement. Was chatting with some Threave fans last night at Creetown. All agreed that Threave will drop short and that it's the competitiveness of the teams they have faced that is the difference in this league, citing the 2 home games against Vics and Dalry at which Threave were bullied all over the park, meekly succumbing to their northern neighbours. Wee extra, some were at the Gow away game earlier and passed on their gratitude for the hospitality they were shown. A common theme commented on regarding all away venues they have visited. Clubs and fans have made them feel very welcome, even in Ayrshire I asked. Apparently so, times have changed from when I was a Weegie venturing into the Great Plains due south. Although at VOL last weekend they were a tad anxious when they first clapped eyes on the Alexandria Ultras, but their behaviour was impeccable. All looking forward to the trip to Bellshill in wonderful North Lanarkshire, jeez they were nervous on the Bonnie Banks wait until they pass birder control into the Buckie County.
  3. Never really paid much attention to the 'B' teams, but the one benefit that I would have expected is an increase in the crowd counts when they visit. The table doesn't reflect that. I'm also surprised at how low the crowd counts are for their home games. It's as if nobody really cares about watching the emerging talent at Celtic and Hearts
  4. Whereas slavishly accepting a policy because you like the party introducing it - regardless of the harms caused by it - is a good look?
  5. This thread is funny to watch as a sort of social experiment. Will be following with interest
  6. I thought it might be worth sharing this - it explains what is and what isn't CoC in terms of social media (including website forums and blogs) - it is in relation to a Sarah Everard but goes on to mske general points about CoC. https://theconversation.com/sarah-everard-social-media-and-the-very-real-danger-of-contempt-of-court-157068 In short, you can report on actual facts of the case but are not allowed to discuss the trial itself. You are allowed to have a wider discussion, for example, we can discuss wider issues such as political party funding and financial accountability within political parties. Hope this helps.
  7. Tbh, I'm not too fussed about drinking in the FA Cup
  8. Nat twitter X is in meltdown. Some of the copes are glorious!
  9. Let's say you need a squad of 20 plus scope for Academy guys to fill up the bench, if you keep the following: Thomson, Gallagher, Holt, Graham, McMann, Fotheringham, Docherty, Sibbald, Mochrie, Meekison, Watt, Moult, that gives you 12. You'd need to add two keepers, at least one right, centre half, another solid midfielder, and another three forwards/wingers. That's already a big job and a hefty turnover. If you don't keep a fair proportion of the guys I'd mentioned then you're quickly looking at 10, 12, 15 (whatever) new guys who have never played together before and hoping that they all work. That's a big ask and you're just giving away some decent partnerships which have worked well this season. For all the wailing and gnashing of teeth, this is a good championship team. It won't be a good premiership team but it might be the basis of a half decent premiership team which can be built on by bringing in better individuals and continuing to develop. I've left out Middleton and Grimshaw from that squad. I wouldn't necessarily be chasing them away but I can't see Grimshaw ever being more than a stopgap now and Middleton, for all his obvious positive attributes, just doesn't seem to have the dig necessary to be relied upon.
  10. It's excellent. But it would be even better with a proper actor in the lead role.
  11. Murdie McKinnon got the Burgh job , announced on Sunday.
  12. Dalbeattie looked like a few were rested/missing from there strongest eleven. Saturday back at Creetown in a league match will be a far more important and meaningful match, well it is in the minds of the supporters. 120 mins on a cold wet night on a heavy pitch is probably the last thing they wanted. Creetown dominated the 2nd half and should have been out of sight. No 8 is Lewis Dunn
  13. This is the minimum Dundee should be doing at Dens to avoid any future fine.
  14. Excellent decision to scrap replays, all the lower league fans complaining about it saying that their clubs rely on them to make money, if your business plan relies on the slim chance of a replay against a bigger club then you shouldn’t be in business in the first place.
  15. He's a really good player, evidenced by our points gained with / without him in the team, so he'll clearly be missed. He hurt his back doing the strenuous task of putting a Morton corner behind for another corner on Friday. His back seems to cause him a lot grief. Was surprised he managed to continue on Friday - maybe he got by on adrenaline? Shame, cause he's very decent, but would I be right in thinking, come the end of the season, he'll have missed more games than he's played? However good he is, a team with the finances of Dundee United, can't really afford a player to be as absent as often as that. May have to, reluctantly, look to offload in the summer?
  16. At 32 and struggled to get into the L2 Stenny team im not sure he is of the right calibre for us. Could end up back at Forfar.
  17. It’s shifting the final date that does it for me. They’re absolutely desperate for their Aguerrrooooooooo moment.
  18. 32 and spent most of the season on the bench at Stenny think we should maybe be aiming a bit higher especially when we’ve already got 4 players who can play out wide Hoping we get a really good winger in as our last one
  19. Italy claim the first extra slot. Looks like Germany for the other one.
  20. The dictionary definition of "relegation". Fits Hearts situation to a T. the transfer of a sports team or player to a lower division of a league.
  21. Inverness 1-1 Raith Rovers Arbroath 1-2 Morton Dundee United 2-0 Ayr Dunfermline 1-1 Queen's Park Partick Thistle 1-1 Airdrie
  1. Load more activity