All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Here's me thinking that the BBC had the exclusive 'breaking news' that someone goes missing aged 3 and 13yrs later is assumed dead
  3. stumigoo

FIFA 20

I think we might also see a European based ‘best of the rest’ mix similar to Latin America on Monday? That would round off the big Friday - small Monday release cycle for TOTS (and add in red pick fodder for next Thursday). Feel like that is maybe why they’ve also included Belgian league SBC so that they can have a TOTS option added on, similar to the Mexican league this week. Not sure what happens after next weekend though. Futties I think? Then who knows with Weekend League, maybe chucking old promos back into red picks? Or might they start up TOTW again in some format? With the current crisis they could do something to keep people interested over the summer but EA aren’t the most creative when it comes to stuff like that.
  4. I can’t imagine I’ll go back to anything longer than it is now. Think Richard Ashcroft when he came back (2016?) style.
  5. Unless someone can link me something different. - Mystery benefactors, later unveiled to be James Anderson or at least led by him, have offered a large sum of money to assist the SPFL in getting back to playing asap. Whilst there were original quotes from Ann Budge which suggested this funding would help "lower league clubs meet testing requirements" it was also claimed it would be unconditional, by which I think it was meant it didn't require reconstruction or Hearts to be "saved". - Neil Doncaster was quoted two days later as saying initial talks had gone very well and a very generous donation was on the table. - Kheredine Idsanne then tweeted the sum involved was "more than £4m". The Sun later claimed it was £4.75m. - By yesterday morning the BBC was reporting the sum involved was now £2m with no explanation as to why it's half the originally reported amount (though that may have been pure speculation of course) and that it was to be split equally across all 42 clubs irrespective of status, player numbers, division, etc. - Possibly entirely coincidentally 🙄 about the same time the SPFL circulated all members asking "what it would take" to get them to support a 14 team top league, something ruled out only a week earlier by a large majority and accepted just 2 days earlier as doomed to fail by it's architect, Ann Budge. Any semblence of suggestion it's for the overall good of Scottish football is somewhat diminished by the throwaway that the Lower Division can do whatever they want with their structure. It's all about the Premier and the only obvious beneficiaries are Hearts and Inverness. I think that's roughly where we are. Interesting to see where we go from here but I imagine all clubs would welcome £48k of unconditional donation whatever their circumstances. Will they welcome it enough to entirely change their views on a 14 team top league which were fairly overwhelmingly negative 7 days earlier? If they don't, will the unconditional donation remain or vanish?
  6. As a non-boozer it doesn't excite me but one of my old haunts in Edinburgh near the meadows will sell you huge plastic tubs of draught beer out of a hatch, which you can they enjoy whilst sitting on the grass or on a bench.
  7. Some of the legendarys bugger off if you make too much of a disturbance in the area, then they become unavailable for a time.
  8. I'm a bit confused. How can Germany prosecute a man identified by the British police as prime suspect for a murder that happened in Portugal? Surely Portugal has the final say? This story stinks of Clarence and his fake news machine. Greasy sardine munchers etc.
  9. Guardian reporting that German prosecutors believe Madeline McCann is dead. https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jun/04/german-prosecutors-believe-madeleine-mccann-is-dead
  10. Show where I've been crying out to play in another league?
  11. If it's about keeping players in contracts, when can Dumbarton expect a wee hand out from the league/richer clubs so that we can offer extensions to our players? Or is it fine for those out of contract to be "put on the scrapheap"? I feel promotion/relegation shouldn't have happened, but it's been democratically voted through by all members. If Falkirk get voted into one of the top two tiers over this situation I'll happily accept the democratic process, but I think you'll find most clubs will tell you where to go. Lol, aye it's me on my high horse, not the streams of Falkirk fans who think they must be accommodated elsewhere because the other teams in their league are poorer than them. You've got a league to play in and you're crying about playing in another one.
  12. The teams I mentioned would benefit with or without the extra money with 14-10-10-10.
  13. He also looks like the sort of guy who would bring a knife to a gun fight.
  14. Gaun yersel Bennet That's why I've asked him for the 'reasoned middle ground'
  15. He was a terrible manager who should have been punted after about six games of that season when it was plainly obvious that he didn't have it. Instead we lumbered on and bizarrely allowed him to blame poor performances on him not praying hard enough until most of the damage had been done. EDIT: Just noticed this was weeks ago, but I stand by it
  16. Sauzee#4

FIFA 20

Ultimate totssf is just the best players from each league chucked back into packs
  17. As Jimmy Calderwood once said, "Never trust The Germans" http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/3567167.stm
  18. Tartan Dave

FIFA 20

Happy with sanches
  19. Mallo_Madrid

FIFA 20

This Ultimate totssf - what are we expecting or what is the point in it? Considering there’s 99 rated cards out, they can’t go higher. Is it only for player picks for this weekends league?
  20. By far my favourite has been Beau Miles. He's an Australian kayaker/runner who has attempted to kayak along the coast of South Africa, kayak along the Bass Strait, run along the Aussie Alps, run a mile every hour for a day, eat his bodyweight in beans, among others. The videos are genuinely well shot and produced, some of the footage is incredible, some of the people he meets are really cool and he just seems like a top bloke. I've also been watching GeoWizard who does a mix of GeoGussr videos, time trials and stuff, and some real-life ones too. He tries to cross Wales in a straight line which was a decent watch. He has a series where he goes from Barcelona to Berlin with his mate without pay for public transport and relying on the kindness of people too, they get up to a bunch of cool shit. Jay Foreman is really good, he does a series called Unfinished London which talks about things that and also Map Men where they talk about different maps, their meanings and strange things about them. The videos are all very well produced and hold their own despite being almost 10 years old. Educational and funny too. Even the adverts he makes are pretty funny. He also has a friend Geoff Marshall who goes around the least visited train stations throughout the UK amongst other things. Gus Johnson. Probably not everyone's taste but if you like stupid shit he's great.
  21. Aye we know all this. Any chance though that you can also be a bit clearer please when talking about our youth system? Too many folk on here who obviously have some inside knowledge talking in riddles.
  22. Got to stay light on the toes granny. And if you've seen him on the beard thread, BFTD looks like he could be an extra in a GoT battle scene.
  1. Load more activity