All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. We're 0 for 19 at Hampden by doing the generic be respectful patter so might has well try something different. Maybe could have waded in harder with something like:- "if they do beat us, they've most likely got Celtic, a team they've not beaten all season in the final. ...and a team we've beaten twice already."
  3. I get what you mean. However clubs like Hibs and Aberdeen need investment and we'll take it when it's offered. To be fair Bournemouth should really be a League 1 side but BK are transforming them. There's a new training ground being built for them and a new stadium coming by 2027. They are going places. In pre season we played Bournemouth over in Spain and they absolutely toyed with us. Lee Johnson' said afterwards "Well we won't play anyone as good as that in the league thankfully." Ludicrous when you think about it.
  4. I dont disagree, but I guess vast sums of money alter things in many walks of life. The cash on offer in the Premiership (even before the Black Knights guys got involved) put an unremarkable club and town like Bournemouth on a different financial plane to everyone up here.
  5. There’s simply no way to know this one way or the other. I’d also say that I really doubt that our set up is in any way “more basic” than most other clubs at our level. A Quick Look suggests that Morton and Raith have exactly the same coaching staff while others I looked at have one extra at most. Airdrie only have one coach who isn’t also a player. And there’s a physio listed on our website, so I’d guess we do have one.
  6. This was 23 months, 12 days ago (feels longer, right?) Along with the manager and two assistants 9 of the starting XI and 6 of the 7 subs are either no longer at the club or are currently out on loan.
  7. I completely forgot this was on. I can't make it tonight so will watch it on the box.
  8. That doesn't make it good legislation.
  9. The obsession with 'holding the keys to Bute House' is part of the problem. There's no point being in government when you have pretty much no drive left to deliver serious reforms and the ministerial talent pool resembles three tadpoles in a shrivelling puddle. All parties of government require renewal on the sidelines eventually. Fruit loop Greens letting Scottish Labour in to run a minority administration - while ending Yousaf's leadership - would be the best possible way for the SNP to reinvigorate itself and draw a line under the past few years.
  10. Sorry, but this thread became more interesting when it went off topic, in fact paint drying is more interesting than the horrifically misogynistic Dubai where women are no better than dogs. Shame it doesn’t rain there for forty days and forty nights.
  11. Am I alone in feeling a bit meh about this game? Matchday and canny understand why I feel like this....
  12. This was my thinking. Thon referee that day let them away with murder.
  13. Absolutely - the FA is clearly a waste of time down there too.
  14. If Airdrie beat Partick, and then meet us in the semi, I would hope Airdrie would beat St Johnstone or Ross County in the final.... just like any of the Championship teams playing a Prem side who should be down on merit. We canny buy a win against Airdrie and it kind or irks me. (They are a good footballing side though).
  15. Aye. But the biger clubs know that they don't really need to make meaningful concessions. What the f**k are Port Vale going to do about it? Baw is burst.
  16. I know I just found it to be a strange example as he was seen as a big prospect after I think he was one of the stand outs from an England youth team that lifted a trophy iirc. He was hardly plucked from thin air and unsure how relevant someone like him would be to Hibs. As for the joint ownership/franchise stuff I think it should be banned in football however I totally get why Hibs fans are in favour of this deal. The idea that Bournemouth are now some powerhouse compared to Hibs these days still frazzles my brain a bit though.
  17. They are great examples of our style yeah. And great examples of why there remain a huge number of absolute dolts in the KM7 still shrieking about passing it backward or sideways. Last season sure there was a lot of pointless shit, but this season, and those goals show it perfectly, has been a masterclass of keeping the pitch big, moving the ball around, and probing for gaps and mistakes. Down one side, back, across, down the other side.... An absolute nightmare to concentrate and maintain shape when we are doing that.
  18. I’m not really bothered about the lack of replays, as mentioned above it gives you a far better chance of actually winning and making more money in the next round. It is obviously absolutely appalling that it has been put in place without consulting anyone in the lower leagues though. There could easily have been some sort of concession made too to give the bigger clubs what they wanted, lower league clubs getting 75% of the gate when drawing a Premiership club for example.
  19. First of all, I’m over the moon we’ve made the top six and delighted we’ve actually got something to play for and it feels like we can actually compete in it compared to the 14/15 season. Obviously it’s been well documented on how many points we’ve dropped from winning positions this season, especially late on in games. So we could have been level or a point clear of St Mirren or what not but then again, they’ve probably done the same at some point as well. I was too young to go to Perugia back in 2003 so seeing Dundee in Europe is one thing I want to tick off my list. Here’s hoping there’s one big final push in our remaining five games and we all get rewarded by going to some arse end country like Armenia or North Macedonia. Sets up for an exciting end to the season and after Wednesdays result and performance, we should have no fear against Celtic next Sunday.
  20. Wow. All they need to do is spend 5 minutes at the start of each football session reading out your bang accurate summary and add that anyone singing / gloating about Irish history in a Scottish football stadium is an absolute moron and thunderc4nt of the highest order. 4 weeks of classes!!
  21. Downloaded version of the Sons v Hearts programme, November 1982. Cover page predominantly maroon, bizarrely. https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjBn1xh
  22. You've probably seen this guy who I posted about a few weeks ago. Seems to be his full time job. I've never looked any further into it, but I'm pretty sure I recall bits of the plane being washed up on coastlines around the Indian ocean. I'm not sure how this is explained by the teleportation truthers.
  23. Sorry to post an unrelated question, I don't know where else to ask it. This is the first time I have heard of Oriam. I've searched for it and now know about it, but where did the name come from?
  1. Load more activity