All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Things you want to share with P&B

Perhaps casts doubt on Moby's claim to be Herman Melville's (Moby Dick author) great great great nephew.
  3. 2019/20 Bits of Business

Can it be disassembled and reassembled easily enough by the average man? Or even by the exceptional man? Those panes will need regular cleaning to avoid charring and grime build up and obscuring the view of the toast. If your view is obfuscated for even a second, that could be the difference between perfect toast and having to scrape burnt toast particles off over the bin.
  4. The General Ross County Chat Thread

I'm surprised at McManus getting another year. I thought he would have one of the cuts.
  5. European Election - 23rd May 2019

Think I was the first at mine today.
  6. Kieran Tierney

I tend to agree that it's more Celtic to blame than anyone else. It's surely them who decide when their players go for surgery and they've known about the injury since December. I really don't like to sound like a conspiracy nut, but I can't for the life of me understand why they'd wait until now, rather than getting it done right away.
  7. Seated stands

People didn't normally stand in them. The stand meaning is a type of platform e.g bandstand. So grandstand in modern language would be imposingplatform.
  8. The Arbroath Thread

Maybe if you have the time post a list of currently signed squad and how long contracts are?
  9. They are being advertised as Hearts end, they would have lasted 5 minutes otherwise. Don't know if they are all debentures but some are.
  10. The season before last I don't think many Airdrie fans would have missed Chris O'Neil. A good athlete and a hard worker his actual footballing prowess would let him down IMO. He blew hot and cold, and more often cold in my eyes. He was able to get up and down the park but positionally he was suspect (although his athleticism would often make up for this) and his decision making would let him down. No real distribution skills or end product either. He was, fine, and able to get away with a lot of things at this level but nobody would have desperately wanted to keep him. But once we moved to a back 3 last season, that became easily his best spell in a diamond. He was well disciplined (positionally and in terms of keeping his cool), defensively sound and helped to organise and marshall the defence. He was definitely a large part of our team becoming much more defensively solid and having one of the best defensive records in the league under Murray. Still, no end product going forward but there was no real expectation for him to perform in that regard when we used the back three. As a result, he was one of the few players probably every Airdrie fan wanted to keep. Still not the absolute best player at this level but he was a player that would have been good enough to slot in at most teams and do a reasonable job. I thought he would get another League 1 club so he's a good signing for yourselves. He's probably slightly over-rated by some Airdrie fans because of his spell last season (and because he's a good guy and a hard worker) but he should be more than capable of performing at League 2.
  11. The Falkirk FC Thread

The preliminary pre-season arrangements include......a pre-season friendly against Brechin (talks are at an advanced stage) Well, there's an event to get us all wound up in ecstasy!
  12. The Falkirk FC Thread

Lang could genuinely be a really, really good player - every Sons fan knows I've been tooting his trumpet for a while, but I honestly think he could have a very good future in the game. He's got everything you'd want in a modern centre-back: He's very confident on the ball, technically decent, strong, quick and good in the air. He's also extremely handsome (his Insta is sensational ) The only thing he lacks is experience. He'll maybe try and play his way out of trouble too often, or will get caught out of position and make up for it with a rash challenge. That'll come with time and, imo, he'd be a decent signing for a Falkirk team where he'll likely have time to play out from the back.
  13. St Mirren vs Dundee United

We don't even have Mullen!
  14. A View From The Terrace.

Wonderful. Just wonderful. Here's to many more episodes of the lads and their hi-jinks
  15. The Arbroath Thread

Gtf day is beginning of June I'm sure That's all the current squad signed up so looking forward to seeing some fresh faces. Sure pre season starts middle of June
  16. Absolute nonsense. Scott only started getting a game when Motherwell season was done and Main had confirmed he wouldn't be staying. Main made it clear early this season that he would be 100% moving on most likely to england. However Hearts and Aberdeen have made him decent enough offers and its a step up to either club. He has shown in spells he can be really effective in this league and maybe in better teams he will improve. Although it is a very uninspiring signing from an Aberdeen fans view point. It will need to be backed up by some better quality to get the fans on board.
  17. Preseason watch 2019-20

DAFC are away to Forfar on 29th June, I think?
  18. A View From The Terrace.

Lads, this is some laugh, eh?
  19. 1 David Hutton 2 6 Dean Hawkshaw 10 Dale Carrick 13 Cammy Russell 3 Kiernan McDonald 7 Scott Stewart 11 14 4 Josh Edwards 8 Kieran Miller 15 5 Sean Chrighton 9 Kurtis Roberts 16 17 Scott Gallacher 1 Andrew McNeil (18) 2 Scott Dunn (18) 6 Aidan Meechan (17) 10 James Hughes (16) 3 Joshua Burke (17) 7 Andrew Barrowman (20) 11 Patrick Pyott (20) 4 Arran Ross (19) 8 5 Robbie Leighton (20) 9
  20. St Mirren vs Dundee United

They have Mullen we have McAlister I know which one I would have and we have got him
  21. Kieran Tierney

I criticised Robertson then retracted it once I knew the details Tierney has done f**k all wrong and to be honest I think a lot of it comes from a dislike of the club he's at and how players from that club have taken the piss in the past or played for Ireland over us
  22. Gazzetta Football Italia

My dad hates football so I wasn't brought up with any interest in the game. It was Football Italia that first caught hold of me and gave me the love.
  23. Things you want to share with P&B

Moby is basically pulling the "she lives near my grans" trick in his autobiography but with Natalie Portman. And she has confirmed that she doesn't live near his gran. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-48365294 Delicious.
  24. The Queen of the South Thread

At least there is no doubt that we are a one man team at the moment though...
  25. Seated stands

Yes, I know that, but why "grandstand" ? Seems a bit obvious. I would have assumed the "grand" aspect was to do with scale, and the "stand" aspect is because that is what people done in them. Ergo, "Grandstand" = "Large structure where one would stand and partake in the spectation of sport".
  1. Load more activity