All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Funnily enough I feel we'll be ok here, despite their super run of form. Alloa next week are giving me the Doom.
  3. Don't say that. I couldn't remember the singer, knew the song though Got it to a 50/50 but a wrong answer is still wrong.
  4. Really didn't mean for it to come across as harsh, I don't think it's unfair to suggest that in the breakthrough season Turnbull probably wasn't down to be a regular starter at the start of the campaign. He and Hastie were outstanding when they came in, but circumstances dictated that we had to rely on them for creativity, that's what i was getting at with the happy accident description, Turnbull in particular was clearly intended to be part of the squad (ie not out on loan) but I think he became far more important than what was first intended. Fair play and well done to Robinson for going with them though, rather than trying to find some free agent jobbers.
  5. https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/kelle-roos-wants-crunch-talks-32664337
  6. This is spot on. No one has ever questioned that when we want to be or are holding onto a lead we can be cynical shithouses and probably to a greater extent than anyone else in the division. From being too lightweight and easy to bully last season which needed a meaner streak added, now we're coming to the end of this season we can safely say we overcorrected and went too far the other way with the addition of Power and Broadfoot - the two of them alone have contributed 21 of the cards and no one's arguing they've been harshly treated. I think 4 or 5 of Muirhead's 9 have been dissent as well, a player who needs to learn to shut up. However just as people seem incapable of understanding that "physical" can mean a load of energetic players running themselves into the ground pressing relentlessly rather than a team of 6'5 giants who'll dominate through head tennis, there's a struggle to separate cynical shithousery and willful brutality which doesn't care about or actively tries to injure players. The latter in this team pretty much begins and ends with Broadfoot, who if anything has been lucky to get away with the number of yellows he has for the number of times he's gotten involved in off the ball stupidity that could easily have been a red instead. Obviously when you're playing that way it means others can be borderline and as games turn bad-tempered can be guilty of getting into nonsense or overzealous tackles too, while in the last few weeks Baird has seemingly lost his mind and lashed out off the ball in a huff every time a game has slipped away as the season has gone down the tubes with it, but generally if you're looking for full on dangerous challenges that risk injuries through leaving the boot in they're not any worse than Shaun Byrne, Brian Graham or various other players in the division, and even Broadfoot is nowhere near as bad as Aaron Taylor-Sinclair. It'll be nice for the season to end and give us a break from this discussion starting in every other match thread.
  7. Don’t still get Vauxhall Chevettes? My old boy bought a sky blue one of them back in day. Absolute bucket of shite. This was after the 3L Triumph Dolomite, absolute beast of a motor but before the embarrassment of the Renault 6.
  8. I know f**k all about cars, and had never heard of a "Vauxhall Crossland" before yesterday, when I noticed a random discussion had broken out about how shite they are on an unrelated Reddit thread about something totally innocent and not perverted. It's not looking good, is it?
  9. Mile Pinder the last surviving original member of the Moody Blues has gone now aged 82
  10. Alright I'll ask. What's with the dot?
  11. So a real life situation where a relatively minor backstage pushing and shoving match led to one person being fired with cause and another being suspended for 8 months and the owner 'in fear of his life' Fast forward 8 months and said owner gets dropped on his head by one of the previously involved parties who will, in turn, obviously not be fired for an attack (kayfabe) that was much more violent than anything that happened backstage. I'm all for suspension of disbelief when it comes to angles but it needs to make at least a bit of logical sense. Stone Cold got to regularly leather f**k out of Vince back in the day because it was acknowledged that he was putting arses in seats and there was always the unspoken threat that Austin would go back to WCW and make them money of Vince bagged him.
  12. You might be right but we've seen various youngsters thrown into the team, become regulars, burn out and drift away. Robinson brought DT in gradually, he became great and we sold him for a fortune... picking over it as luck is a very harsh call imho rather than just saying well done. Hastie was such a one season wonder I think making any judgement is difficult. We'll never know on Miller under a different manager but I suspect he'd have had roughly the same treatment he's had under SK - not only is he a tremendous talent but he appeared at 16 with a physicality and mentality (we're all assuming ingrained from his dad) I've never seen with any other Motherwell youth. He was simply ready in every aspect much earlier (this is also why I'd be happy to sell him this summer rather than next, unless he fancies extending to 2027, but that's a different argument!).
  13. Irrespective of whether the clubs voted for it or not, asking them to pay for it for one game, without adjusting the off the top cut to cover costs of hosting the game is unreasonable.
  14. It’s quoted that Buckie are among the Highland league teams with an aversion to promotion? If thats the case and their “ performance “ in the play offs reflect that fact, questions need to be asked ( I’m trying to be careful on my use of words here )
  15. I'm NOT that guy, but I would still believe it! Sporting integrity should state that, as the Championship side didn't play their WHOLE SEASON with VAR, it should be involved for their home tie. Let it be used where it's already installed, otherwise leave it out - no spending money to install something you've no experience of.
  16. Does having their food on the brakes make their headlights brighter?
  17. I have driven in France a lot and you are not wrong. In order to survive you need to drive "assertively". I am going next week in my own car, so assume the UK sticker and plates will attract even more kunty behaviour than normal.......
  1. Load more activity