All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Yep. FSS Player of the Year, Junior Bairns POTY, Players POTY, Fans POTY & goal of the season. (Montrose I think). On the womens side, Iona Bridges won POTY, Ella Stewart breakthrough POTY (now a first teamer while still a schoolgirl and a cracking wee 'baller) and Outstanding Achievement went to Rachel Pirie. The women will have their own private awards night for players and staff after the season is over, hence why the categories are a little different from the men. On the recognition side of things, Jean Sneddon got a Lifetime Achievement, Joe Wallace (retiring groundsman) an Outstanding Contribution and Robert Cox (longstanding volunteer and current boardroom attendant) Special Recognition. The Foundation did similar awards for some of their people. Club staff are likely all off today but I'd assume there will be announcements, stories and pics uploaded tomorrow.
  3. Agree SPAFA has some really good U19 and U21 numbers for next year but looks like its struggling for amateur clubs, wonder how many more will jump to the Caley. maybe we will get a joint West amateur league if all the teams vote with feet and join just one league. Notice they are only 10 min walk from EK thistle who are in WOS 4th, EKYM seem on the up with their facilities while the showparks could be using some redevelopment.
  4. Spending choices will be influenced by promotion, but I only mentioned promotion in the sense that we would all try to “sell” our clubs to people that don’t go to games. I think we should maybe leave this one here before we derail this thread which is about journalism apparently.
  5. Nightingale could be back before season end, but Sheaf, Callachan and Allardice probably won’t be seen this season according to Don’s latest presser.
  6. Agree, but as long as we hang onto 5th, it really doesn’t matter that there’s three qualifiers to get to the group stage, the facts are we’d see the UEFA flag flying in the corner of the ground, and the match programme would be a genuine European game collectors item. Even if it is against some Welsh or far flung mob, the matchday announcement would be ‘Welcome to the SMiSA Stadium for this UEFA Conference League qualifier against FC Kazakdiddy’… That’s good enough for me. Hope we don’t fcuk this chance up.
  7. I make it 14 in contract: Wilson, McCabe Martin, Thomson, McHattie Ferguson, Patrick, Macloud, Moreland Scott, Hastie, Raeside, Tosh, Loudon
  8. I respect clubs with good supports. That why I despise clubs like st johnston and livingston
  9. One thing’s for sure, if we get the right result down at Annan and we’re still going for “The Invincibles”, you won’t be able to move for vloggers at TFS a week on Saturday: Sam from Footy Adventures, LMC VLOGS, Blair McNally etc. are all guaranteed to be there to hopefully witness a piece of footballing history. They’ll all be able to interview each other.
  10. My youngest has insisted on bingeing Young Sheldon. I’m probably missing loads of in jokes from never watching Big Bang Theory but it’s decent on its own so far. Has that slightly cloying contrived pathos that US prime time sitcoms always have though.
  11. Aye, well, at least Coleraine and Ballymena* are still in the top flight, look at Ards, Bangor, Distillery, famous old Irish League clubs. Newry City have gone bust twice(?). Spend money and have your day in the sun, followed by years in the shade, or don't spend money and watch enviously. * This may not hold true for next season...
  12. Maybe, but at least Arthurlie are a likeable bunch who wouldn't resort to something like this.
  13. Customers a customer and if a neutral want's to come to experience the day their £ is welcome. Will be a memorable day out and if 1 in 10 , 1 in 20 changes allegiance to the Bairns job done. Where it may pay off more though is they take their children with them and they decide they want to go back and the club have a good chance of a supporter for life.
  14. He signed an extension in March last year along with Marco -June 25
  15. Certainly didn’t do Glenrothes any harm last night, but I do take your point that for some, relegation/promotion will be the priority.
  16. VAR is shite. Bin it. If we make enough noise as fans. Fans of bigger leagues will follow.
  17. They lifted the bail restrictions.
  18. Straight reds certainly do. That's why the prospect of Colin Steven at this stage of the season is so frightening.
  19. Sure fraser signed a 2 year contract at the end of last season
  20. .......................without Dowds, we need to maximize our goal threat, therefore it has to be Murphy and Chalmers.
  21. Might help our goal difference to concede 3-0 against Falkirk tbf
  22. Great point on the Motherwell thread, given Killie's form and the lack of contribution from KVV, it looks more like they signed him to stop him going to us rather than really wanting him in their team.
  23. I may be deluded and overwhelmed by myth but If anything The Beatles are underrated. But it is all subjective .
  1. Load more activity