All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Well I mean it has been a while… not sure we will really know until we are in it At the end of the day it will be a majority PT league and we have plenty of good PT players who have had some great experience playing in a higher league than L1 I mean what or who would you class as a standout L1 player in L1 just now for example? Barring anyone from Falkirk who have absolutely steamrolled it and will be promoted and not playing in the league next season- and why is it important to have a stand out L1 player anyway We have also got no idea who we will sign
  3. It's not defeatism. I think we're just being somewhat pessimistically objective based on what we saw on the pitch in the last three matches. We didn't lose them due to bad luck, bad refereeing, or some other excuse. If we had lost them while playing well, I wouldn't be too worried about this one but the performances were abysmal.
  4. I disagree. It’s just showing consideration for other people. I’ll often cross a road or speed up so I’m not tailing a woman. That’s probably sexist or something but I’d rather be sexist than get pepper sprayed.
  5. Exactly! That's the role he plays! Its sensible tactically. If you have someone on the other wing playing as a pure winger, then when that player pushes forward, its Dow's role to tuck in a bit and keep the balance of the team. Teams very rarely play 2 wingers. If you're playing a line up with say, Linn on the wing and McKenna pushing forward, then Dow is not supposed to push forward like them. Its the same role James Craigan often played for us.
  6. I'm surprised they've got you at home for the first match, we are at home to Celtic on the Sunday. Can your pitch manage games on consecutive days?
  7. It is, but we have to accept the fact that we start with the remnants of a very poor championship squad. With ToB and McKenna injured or just poor this season we have no players who will stand out in League 1. Well, maybe Bird but he'll be off.
  8. Both still have plenty to prove in their careers as well. The potential is clearly there, they now need to knuckle down to fulfill that potential and where better to do that than with a manager you clearly love. I suspect McGlynn was meaning Yeats, Tait and Ross when he was talking about trying to get 2/3 of the current squad signed up again. Could have also been talking about Mackie or Shanley right enough but I reckon Mackie will move on for more gametime.
  9. Absolutely disgraceful what Iran's done to Israel. I only get my news from Britain so I have absolutely no idea why Iran attacked Israel. I am certain though that it was entirely unprovoked., out of the blue and undeserved.
  10. I've never wished for a Dundee win more. Not even a controversial win or anything, just a totally fine 2-1 win with no controversy at all.
  11. We don't need McGinley, we have the best left back we've seen in 4 years playing right now!
  12. Since the Capt pointed it out the other day I can't figure out if Kettlewell keeping us up with this gang of centrebacks for two seasons in a row makes him a genius or if the fact he hasn't signed any new centrebacks is a sackable offence.
  13. A tweet has grown arms and legs about Mckenna. Thankfully the nonsense from attention seekers claiming imaginary conversations in supermarkets with club insiders in the know is a thing of the past and potential signings rightly are kept private. McGlynn will have a list drawn up already of 1st choices and options of who he wants and most likely already sounded out a few. It's encouraging that for the first time in years Falkirk are seen as a club the budding Will Vaulks of this generation will see as the team to rebuild their careers. Would not be surprised a gem being signed nobody has heard of. Now what a nice problem that would be. Forget the rumours - that's all they are. Let's wait and see what develops.
  14. He's genuinely starting to give off Pedro vibes. We are living rent free. His mob are probably about to batter us and he's spouting utter shite like this. It's embarrassing.
  15. Nobody is under estimating it but it is absolutely a poorer division - that’s just common sense
  16. Ross is out of contract, he’ll have no wages at all in less than two months time and Tait is a loan player. I don’t think any of them are particularly far fetched signings.
  17. Ryan Dow reminds me of some recent, now departed, "attacking" members of our squad who were favourites of some fans. 1 goal and 4 assists in a season and a half is not an adequate contribution for an attacking player. We've got defenders who score more than that. And don't underestimate league 1..
  18. He's got his own business apparently, and topped up by whatever wages Arbroath were paying him. He's probably not short of a few quid.
  19. I doubt anything will happen. Montgomery should count himself lucky, though. He has had longer than Maloney, was better backed in January and has sill finished bottom six. Maloney was sacked for less. No way they sack Kensell, the Gordon's love him.
  20. I appreciate there's far more context behind this, but it's amusing that this defence, the main contributor to us having spent a lot of the season battling for safety, is still on course to concede fewer goals than Grezza's team that got to Europe two years ago - having already scored more goals.
  21. What rumour was quite strong - that he’s leaving you or that he’s maybe coming here? I would be over the moon with him
  22. Sincerely hope we can sign them, gut feeling is that wages may be an issue. Hope I’m wrong
  23. I think Dow be a handy player in L1 especially for the squad - had a great game against Mo in League Cup
  24. It's great going into Asda and seeing a pile of them sitting on the shelf with a yellow sticker on them. Got them for 42p a tub the other week and they were still in the fridge days later, absolutely fine.
  25. The amount of early midweeks is a real bug bear by the end of September we had played 17 league and cup games.
  1. Load more activity