All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. When I started going to the games regularly it was the 2002-03 season and I was 6 years old. Vareille was far and away my favourite player and I don’t think anyone came close until Prunty. I think Gow was probably the best player we had in that era, and obviously Coyle was great even if not what he once was. I think what makes Gallagher stand out compared to good strikers we’ve had since that period is not just the longevity but also the progress that both he and the club made during his time. And in fairness, I think Gallagher last season had as good a season as Andy Ryan or Allan Russell had in the same division for us. Both him and Fordyce are club legends as much as the guys from my childhood imo.
  3. The hassle of paying my (Santander) credit card bill each month. It took me 4 attempts today, which is quite good by normal standards. It has a habit of letting you fill all your details in and then logging you out right after. I'm convinced it's programmed to do it so folk give up and they get a bit of interest added. I've always wanted to click the "minimum payment" option to see if that would work straight away. I reckon it would for the reason I've just said. Arseholes.
  4. Hi guys, heading down in two weeks for the Annan game. Hospitality for my Dads birthday we pick a different lower league team each year to go hospitality in. just looking for some advice if possible please. Is there any bars near the ground? We will have about 40 minutes to kill before we get in the lounge so looking anywhere near by for a pint? Also it’s it quite easy to get a train from the station town centre to the ground? Heard it’s a bit of walk and my dad has a stick? Google says 5 minute drive from station to ground?
  5. It may well explain why the guy's on Trailer Park Boys are always cautious their antics are "Theft under a thousand" (Canada, but the same thing I'd imagine).
  6. Agyeman v Annan when he lobbed the keeper didn’t even make it.
  7. "For many years in the Middle Ages, people believed that when you sneezed, your spirit left your body for a second." Not that anyone needs an excuse to call me a soulless p***k.
  8. I had an idea along these lines ago a few years back when I was more into my gambling; to back teams who 'had to' win (eg. a win would secure a title, survival, European place, whatever) and to bet against teams who were already set in a position (champions, relegated), under the the same assumption above that they would have downed tools. I was comfortably in profit doing this in continental leagues (Spain, Italy, France, etc) and significantly down in Scotland & England over a period of a few years before I gave it up. This might have been a case of complete luck in the way things fell for me, but I'd suggest that teams with nothing to play for don't take their foot off the gas as much in the UK as they do in other countries. There might be actual studies done which contain data that disproves this over time (I would guess that there's a decent chance it would all balance out given enough variance), but just my take from betting on a roughly similar proposal to the post in question over a few years.
  9. Aye it's tree pollen at this stage. I have another couple of months before mine kicks off.
  10. There's certainly no argument if is desperate to bank the first cheque he sees. Where he differs slightly to the 18-20-year-old in this position, they know if they have a bad movie they've time to get their development back on track. He's 24, finally playing and scoring regularly, if he doesn't get regular time and wastes (in sporting, if not financial terms) 2-3 years, will he ever get this improvement window again? Probably not. Given that would probably also kill whatever chance he has of playing for Canada at a home World Cup, there's a strong argument that having sporting security to 2026 is no bad thing for him. Continue to improve like this and we sell him anyway; improve a little more and plateau and he'll get his freebie move a year later; worst case he's doubling his money and will fancy his chances of a home World Cup. But aye... I suspect if that's the offer he'll be away and fair play to him.
  11. How is it a prolonged rant? Because I am replying to other people who have an opinion on it? Achillies injuries are commonly caused by overuse. The club were recruiting a lead physio and a sports scientist for months on end to no avail. I didn’t compliment Graham for playing at a high level. I pointed out that it’s obvious he is putting in extra graft in his own time and perhaps on his own dime while others may not be. Because the club can only offer so much in terms of educating players on how to look after their bodies? Isn’t that a fair point? I’m not suggesting anything really. But the original point was around our skeleton back room staff and the impact that it has on the players. Some people have the archaic view that this doesn’t matter and I don’t have that opinion, it’s as simple as that. Whether we have good players or not - we are skint and it shows. the actual original discussion was surrounding the fact that because of our lack of funds, and our lack of resources, we struggle to develop players a wee bit due to that. My simple point was that if we had more money available we might be able to invest a bit more in the back room side.
  12. Real grunge had a punk element to it, born out of the Washington and Oregon schools. Amazing bands , the genre peaked at around 1989, Sub Pop label had a great roster of bands to pick through like Tad and Mudhoney. Nirvana absolutely had their roots in punk rather than rock music and KC never held back talking about his influences which included many British bands. It was unfortunate that more rock orientated bands from the west coast got lumped in with that form of music. Grunge was always sludgy and or bass heavy punk completely unlike Screaming Trees and Pearl Jam. There's an album called 'No Seattle : Forgotten Sounds of the North West Era 1986-97' which covers mainly unknown bands from that genre plus some others whom were of a similar mind based in the small towns in Washington State outside the main focus point of Seattle. This is the shit -
  13. A sub-editor would be responsible for placing the badges on the page, not a graphic designer. I'd assume it'd be a sports sub-editor as well, rather than a general sub-editor.
  14. My wife was signed off in January with a compressed nerve in her neck. She's on a phased return at the moment (last week, 2 hours per day; this week 4 hours, next week 6 and then back full time). The phased return is the suggestion of Occupational Health - a practicing GP who does this as well. She was signed off by a GP in the first instance, and since then by the GP practice's physiotherapist.
  15. Torn between Donaldson & Morrison for best goal but, for me, moment of the season was McCann's header & Miller's turn & through ball at Hamilton in December. Accies were on the front foot before then and Morrison still had a lot to do but, from that moment onwards, they were chasing us. That moment confirmed our superiority. The roar & scenes were magnificent & up there with anything I've experienced as a Bairns fan.
  16. BFTD

Fallout

I've been watching this in instalments when over at my mum's place, and I got her well warned early on that she's just going to have to ignore the fact that people can somehow live for hundreds of years and not even age. I played right through Fallout 3, and put hundreds of hours into New Vegas and Fallout 4, and I don't remember it ever being explained. The wonders of magic Fifties radiation, I guess. Edit: we're on Episode 6 now, and I'm impressed that it actually gets better as it goes on. Best thing I've seen on TV in a long time.
  17. Aye saw that was going to tweet back the episode from last night but couldn’t be arsed.
  18. Bair is probably in a different position from our young players who we usually have the stay/go debate about. He's not a teenager - he's in the middle part of his career and any interest this summer may be seen by him (and especially his agent) as an unmissable chance. I'd love to see him hang about but we all know the "Motherwell player has good season" story by now.
  19. Up until Adeloye and Lawless' injuries I don't think we'd been that bad for injuries this season, from Thistle Archive site we've played 42 competitive games so far and here's what each player has missed Lawless : 1 (and counting obvs ) Muirhead: 1 -and that was suspension Stanway: 1 Fitz: 2 Graham: 2 - 1 of which was suspension Milne : 2 - as Graham Alston: 3- but hasn't missed a game since he signed as signed before the final LC Group game Bannigan: 4 Neilson: 6- some of that would be international duty plus he didn't sign til after the LC group stages so not sure he's missed a game injured McInroy- 7 - again he didn't sign til after the LC groups so 3 games injured at most That's a reasonable core of guys who have missed next to no game time Then we come to (list isn't comprehensive): Williams: 11 Adeloye: 11 McMillan : 12- mostly at start of season IIRC O'Reilly 12 Robinson : 17 Ngwenya: 20 (didn't sign until after LC ) Considering we had about a ten minute turnaround between last season finishing and this one starting, I think we've done OK to only have McMillan from last season's guys miss any significant time. Robinson's recent career history is injury plagued and I don't know whether we took a punt on O'Reilly knowing he was injured but hope it would clear up sooner than it has. The issue for me was that was had no depth in certain positions, one of which is now biting us severely with Lawless injury.
  20. aye I can’t see it. It’s a free hit for us, however, that doesn’t mean we should be taking it lightly. Every game will Be a challenge. If we somehow manage to get past partick then it wouldn’t surprise me if raith got I’ve their hoodoo. Surely has to happen eventually albeit I’ve said this every game. It’s just nice to be an airdrie fan at the moment. As I always say, got to enjoy these times as a supporter of a diddy club because it can all change very quickly.
  1. Load more activity