All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. You can drop down the rankings if you don't live up to your own standards - once you get to the top, it's hard to stay there unless you keep winning as you would be expected to win (i.e. by 2 or 3 goals against teams further down the rankings, not just 1-0). Cupar's doing just fine just now - third place and a chance to win the Scottish (although now that they've got to 3rd, they'll be expected to win against Steins in the semi, and then win comfortably against Garrowhill in the final - anything less and they won't be going any further up).
  3. Both of them should be starting every game between now and end of season.
  4. In front or behind your flute band?
  5. FA Cup Final to be on the same time as the bigot brothers final in Scotland. Guess which one I will be watching ? https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cll4mmqjr09o
  6. I’m sure he’ll have all his “Joonyur” minded pals lined up to vote for him. Scott Robertson MK 2
  7. Why stop at football for good old Scottish isolationism. Beatles you say ? Typical Mersey Beat fanboy. I spent Saturday night listening to Wet Wet Wet & Hue & Cry and I know which I preferred !!!
  8. Don't give Scotrail ideas "The 8.15 from Aberdeen is delayed as it was attacked by Smudger near Carnoustie..."
  9. Thanks - I'd overlooked that - I try my best to check eery week which teams are folding/sitting out the season so I can remove them from my rankings, but I often miss something due to the number of leagues!
  10. Yeah, alarm bells would be ringing if Dougie instead said he'd be happy to only ever manage a mid-table Championship team on a shoestring budget his whole career. He's more than capable of reaching a higher level than us and I'm sure he will, hopefully after his contract runs out in 2026. Won't be reading too much into the comments.
  11. Stuck with that series hoping something interesting would happen - but very bland stuff and surprised MMcC/WH put their name to that.
  12. Not 'Hibs Class', ole Malky, is he not? I reckon Hanlon still has at least a couple of seasons left in him. Less sure about Lewis. He stays fighting fit that's for sure but looked miles off the pace last time I saw him on the pitch.
  13. It's low hanging fruit but "My Team: Clyde"
  14. He's got another year at least I'm sure, he was given a long term deal under Ange even though it was clear his legs have gone a bit and wasn't getting a game so raised a few eyebrows. I'm glad he's making an impact again though. Pie in the sky at the mo but if he was to have a purple patch between now and the end of the season would be great to see him sneak in to the Scotland squad with it looking to be a 26 man one now.
  15. Best not to open that particular can of worms. There's lots of absolute nonsense going on which appears to be driven from folk who are acting well above their station. (absolutely not related to the two top guys who have posted above) I've got a massive closet to empty on social media as soon as the season is over.
  16. Galloway takes its name from the Gaelic for "strange Gael" as they were a mixture of teuchters and Vikings. Even 1200 years ago they were considered a strange bunch down there..
  17. A joke club with 340 season tickets and a substantial away support as opposed to a club with no support whatsoever aye ok
  18. They are not fans! they are trophy hunters and should be treated accordingly with parody and disdain, although they are good entertainment value as they justify their support for the arse cheeks. Years ago there was a Rangers fan who drank in the Black Bull Polmont. The more his justification was laughed at, the more absurd he became.
  19. Brechin's demise after their season in the Championship is mental. Spending over a decade consecutively in the 3rd tier, as a relatively competitive side (some good seasons, some bad), then having a completely unexpected promotion to the 2nd tier - for the first time in around 15 years - leading to an embarrassingly bad season with no wins, which is in turn a catalyst for a crazy freefall through the leagues and out of the top 42. Football eh?
  20. tarapoa

Yellowstone

Glad I did - really got into it - and it's been a couple of episodes a weeks on average for the wife and I for a few months now. Was quite shocked that the final series ended so abruptly, and wondered if something had gone wrong with Paramount+ - but have since read about some contractual dispute with Costner, thankfully now resolved and we'll get the rest later in the year.
  21. Couple of U19 teams in the Scottish Premier AFA disappeared now as well - Glasgow Athletic and Cumbernauld Colts. Kinross has folded in the Kingdom of Fife AFA. The summer amateur leagues have started up again in the North. Inverness & District now down to 26 teams (8-9-9), with a new team in Kirkhill, Culbokie returning, and Loch Ness merging to form Balloan/Loch Ness. Caithness up to 15 (8-7) with the return of Halkirk. North West Sutherland a single division of 10 (with the return of Embo) - a new team, Mallard, will play in the cup competitions only. Shetland is again 19 clubs (7-12). Orkney is down to 19 clubs (7-5, with a reserve division of 7 clubs) - Streamline and Kirkwall Accies Reserves not there this season. Lewis & Harris is the same single division of 9 clubs. Uist & Barra is the same (single division of 6 clubs). West Highland League is the same (single division of 8 clubs). Arran is the same (single division of 3 clubs - unaffiliated to SAFA).
  22. Would be interesting to see if your club hierarchy think it's a joke club, and would perhaps consider refunding the gate money that the joke clubs many fans paid. Be a sizeable refund I would imagine.
  1. Load more activity