E-chat Top Tips And Advice

• 2 weeks later...

My laptop and Phone appear to think i'm in either Sheffield or Leeds when it comes to location on facebook and Twitter. Why would that be?

I`m in Southampton apparently, well according to my laptop. Mobile seems to work fine though.

• 1 month later...

I believe so but you need to have a hotspot data plan. Then goto setting > General > Network > choose Personal Hotspot and turn it on.

Not sure I understand,sorry. What I want her to be able to do is empty an iPhone of pics,video etc on to her android tablet by Bluetooth. I suppose she could just use Dropbox or simular. Cheers

• 2 months later...

Just found a way of boosting the speaker volume on my windows vista laptop. Right click speaker icon on bottom right. Click Playback Devices; speakers; properties; enhancements; tick Loudness Equalization and OK. Big improvement for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Just found a way of boosting the speaker volume on my windows vista laptop. Right click speaker icon on bottom right. Click Playback Devices; speakers; properties; enhancements; tick Loudness Equalization and OK. Big improvement for me.

Just did this, what a difference..nice one.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Found a wonderfully simple way to stop those gratingly annoying sound and video ads from playing automatically on Chrome.

Paste chrome://chrome/settings/content into the URL bar, scroll down to the plug-in section, and select 'click to play'.

You can still watch or listen to them if you click on them, but they don't start automatically. You can also list sites where you want content to play automatically if you click the "manage exceptions" button.

• 4 weeks later...

Im unpinning this as most of the info is out of date now

It's a pity that the info is out of date a this was probably the most informative and genuinely useful thread in the whole of P+B. Is there any chance anyone wants to update the main topics from the early posts at all?

All the info i know/knew about anti-virus/malware etc was posted early doors. If it's out of date then I'd be very happy to be brought upto speed. Similarly pc optimisation + good software would be useful to know as well.......

It's a pity that the info is out of date a this was probably the most informative and genuinely useful thread in the whole of P+B. Is there any chance anyone wants to update the main topics from the early posts at all?

All the info i know/knew about anti-virus/malware etc was posted early doors. If it's out of date then I'd be very happy to be brought upto speed. Similarly pc optimisation + good software would be useful to know as well.......

It would be great if someone wanted to do that. Most of the posters who wrote the original stuff dont post any more, so it would need to be taken on by someone else

Archived