Israel And The Palestinians (now with added Iran)

xbl

Said on the news the other day that 5 Israelis have died in the conflict while over 500 Palestinians have perished. Sounds like an excessive use of force to me. Israel are getting pretty close to the knuckle with their bombs going off in the vicinty of primary schools - with little justification it would seem.

And America is helping to pay for this?

Edited by centralparker

its almost as if they are trying to enrage the full Arab world after Iraq is over.

Obama has a job on his hands and if anyone thinks that Isreal are not aware of this they are being stupid.

its almost as if they are trying to enrage the full Arab world after Iraq is over.

Obama has a job on his hands and if anyone thinks that Isreal are not aware of this they are being stupid.

:lol:

The entire arab world has been enraged since 1948. It still gets it's arse regularly booted though from miniscule Israel on it's patch of worthless sand in the middle east.

:lol:

The entire arab world has been enraged since 1948. It still gets it's arse regularly booted though from miniscule Israel on it's patch of worthless sand in the middle east.

I'd like to see them take on the Arabs without the backing of the Yankee dollar. That would be a fairer fight, and a damn sight more interesting to watch from afar.

I'd like to see them take on the Arabs without the backing of the Yankee dollar. That would be a fairer fight, and a damn sight more interesting to watch from afar.

aye take away the yankee dollar from both sides and let them get on with it

I have just heard on the news that thee has been 810 children killed since the 10 day conflict began.

Where are America the great protector of good when you need them?

Israel cant be on their axis of evil group :angry: its a disgrace what they are getting away with.

The figures I have heard from the UN have never approached 810 for the total number of casualties. I'd question where you got that number from. According to the UN figures the level of civilian casualties is running around 20% of total. It's also worth noting that previous actions of this type (for example the Battle of Jenin in 2002) often attract wild over-estimates of casualties.

The figures I have heard from the UN have never approached 810 for the total number of casualties. I'd question where you got that number from. According to the UN figures the level of civilian casualties is running around 20% of total. It's also worth noting that previous actions of this type (for example the Battle of Jenin in 2002) often attract wild over-estimates of casualties.

A dutch Doctor who was interviewed by the BBC ,I saw it on the BBC news.

Sorry 801 children killed or injured

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/7812286.stm

Edited by seamus

They still wouldn't lose though. And they have the best trained soldiers on the planet too.

And in Mossad, the biggest gang of thugs to stroll this earth since the Waffen SS.

They do their job well. They wipe out the enemies of Israel which is what it's all about. Careful what you type there. :P

Jews owned plenty of that land legally anyway. They had began buying up property and land during the 1800s. A lot of Jews were returning to the holy land long before 1948

there was over 500,000 jews there already in the '30s and violence was already rampant between the Jews, Muslims and British forces in the area. That was with immigration limited by the British as well. The arab revolt in 37 was enthusiastically put down by the new British commander in the area, Major-General B.L. Montgomery, who concluded that the arab revolt was not a national campaign and more likely a bunch of criminal gangs (an uncharacteristic misjudgement form the man there) . As such the back of arab resistence was broken before '48.

Edited by renton

I guess having access to high technology weaponry is considered damned unsporting by the daily heil reading populace....

It would seem so.

I'm just intrigued as to in what sense a nation of slightly higher population to Scotland against 100 million plus Arabs is considered "fair" in Fife!

It would seem so.

I'm just intrigued as to in what sense a nation of slightly higher population to Scotland against 100 million plus Arabs is considered "fair" in Fife!

I imagine it's the idea of standing (and in Israels case dying) on your own two feet without any assistance from anyone else. If you're too weak to survive on your own then your inevitable crushing is 'fair'. It seems to be a fairly beloved theme of the those who celebrated the arrival of the blackshirts.

Of course, CP is also a twanger so there is a very real chance I don't understand a word of what he means.

I imagine it's the idea of standing (and in Israels case dying) on your own two feet without any assistance from anyone else.

Yes, which is certainly not a "fair fight".

The Arab countries were all heavily armed by the Soviets also during the Yom Kippur war. They just had rubbish hauners.

Yes, which is certainly not a "fair fight".

The Arab countries were all heavily armed by the Soviets also during the Yom Kippur war. They just had rubbish hauners.

Indeed, whilst I am certainly not Israels biggest fan I'm also not a fan of the genocide that would occur upon Israels abandonment.

However, as I say CP is a twanger.

It would seem so.

because die Juden will lose, duh

Incidentally there has been an (alleged) spike in anti-Semitic incidents in the UK since the airstrikes and ground offensive began. Apparently this is related to a Hamas declaration that Jews worldwide are fair game.

The irony here is that each side is absolutely gung-ho about collective punishment... what an atrocious mess.