Israel And The Palestinians (now with added Iran)

xbl

What would any one of us do to protect the ground under our feet?

I've never had my front door kicked in by soldiers and my whole family resettled, if i did and fought back would i be a terrorist?

No, but if you fired rockets at civilians in the soldiers' country, or blew yourself up on a bus in that country, you would be.

No, but if you fired rockets at civilians in the soldiers' country, or blew yourself up on a bus in that country, you would be.

So bomber Harris and the R.A.F are terrorists?

How many soldiers died in Dresden?

Errr, yes. :rolleyes:

I was trying to point out the inequalities here, you know one mans terrorist and all that, both are the same but one was given medals the other branded terrorist group that needs to be wiped out.

I was trying to point out the inequalities here, you know one mans terrorist and all that, both are the same but one was given medals the other branded terrorist group that needs to be wiped out.

what are you trying to point out making comparisions from a war 70 years ago???

Very little of Dresden remained standing after the 1000 bomber raid so what do you think.

Aye that was shocking, firebombing civilians in a nation that was already on its knees. Where was the military value in that? A bit like knocking someone down in a square go then putting the boot in to finish them off.

sorry i cannae see the irony

We appesr more than capable to apply WWII references and history when it suits 'The West' to do so, but when we look at our own flaws we don't follow the same method. Look at the outcry over the rapes of Berlin in 1945 from them big bad Russians.

I don't think we - or our proxy states - can hold any sort of moral high ground if we can't look at our own war crimes and admit our mistakes. Churchill would have fought the Germans on the beaches using poison gas.

Where does the legtimacy for the action end?

Edited by vikingTON

We appesr more than capable to apply WWII references and history when it suits 'The West' to do so, but when we look at our own flaws we don't follow the same method. Look at the outcry over the rapes of Berlin in 1945 from them big bad Russians.

I don't think we - or our proxy states - can hold any sort of moral high ground if we can't look at our own war crimes and admit our mistakes. Churchill would have fought the Germans on the beaches using poison gas.

Where does the legtimacy for the action end?

fair point,i was implying that in ww2 to nowadays the technology has improved,ie can better pinpoint targets

Given Ahmedinijad's 'Holocaust denial' being brought up on the other thread that's a bit ironic.

Surely the ambivelent attitude taken by Mahmoud Ahmadinejad towards Holocaust denial is relevant to a thread discussing Mahmoud Ahmadinejad? Certainly of a greater relevance to that subject than a discussion on the merits or otherwise of bombing Dresden has to this thread.

Interesting that the two subjects should come up though. I believe David Irving usually puts the two together when faced with condemnation for his own Holocaust denial.

fair point,i was implying that in ww2 to nowadays the technology has improved,ie can better pinpoint targets

Dresden wasn't about misguided weaponry though, it was the cold-blooded aim to bomb the Germans out of the war, although under the cover of it being a railway interchange for the Eastern Front. I'm sure Israel isn't attacking with the exact same intent but they don't tend to cover themselves in glory each time they hit a school with their missiles. Always a school...