Israel And The Palestinians (now with added Iran)

xbl

Pretty sure the 2000 Camp David seen the Palestinians accept a dual state solution if they were afforded the entire Gaza Strip and 75% of the West Bank (as decided by the 1949 Armistice) and Israel said no.

So the Palestinians accepted the original '49 Green Lines (which took away a large percentage away from Palestinians to begin with) and were happy to accept a quarter of their land going to Israel in order to get a two state solution. They were even happy to concede illegal Israeli settlements could remain as Israeli exclaves if they were over a certain population (5,000 I think?)  Israel said no.

But, yeah, Palestine bad

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix

The blunt fact is that those who are doing all the dying are Palestinian, young and old.   Israeli, just about none. 

About 17 years ago I read a book named 'Pity the Nation' by a respected journalist named Robert Fisk. 

At the time , he lived in Lebanon, and the Nation was  Lebanon, and the invasion by Israel.  

What I particularly remember was his observation that one big difference between Israel and the other countries 

in the area is that Israel knows how to present itself in a way that Western media understands, and that it presents itself as 

a modern country with Western values.

In reality, Fisk wrote..., Israel is just another throat-slitting  Middle Eastern nation,

with a ramshackle, undisciplined, third rate army. 

Edited by beefybake

The blunt fact is that those who are doing all the dying are Palestinian, young and old.   Israeli, just about none. 

About 17 years ago I read a book named 'Pity the Nation' by a respected journalist named Robert Fisk. 

At the time , he lived in Lebanon, and the Nation was  Lebanon, and the invasion by Israel.  

What I particularly remember was his observation that one big difference between Israel and the other countries 

in the area is that Israel knows how to present itself in a way that Western media understands, and that it presents itself as 

a modern country with Western values.

In reality, Fisk wrote..., Israel is just another throat-slitting  Middle Eastern nation,

with a ramshackle, undisciplined, third rate army. 

The corollary is that Israel’s critics tend to judge it using fellow Eurovision and UEFA members as the frame of reference as opposed to other throat-slitting Middle Eastern Nations

ETA: not technically a corollary in the formal sense of the word

8 hours ago, Mr Pikey said:

I used to admire the Israeli take no shit attitude after the Nazis tried to wipe them out but they have become the Nazis of this millennium.

'If you can't beat 'em, join 'em' is the national slogan of Israel.

2 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Celtic fans are heavily into supporting Palestine

Flying a fleg and sending out good thoughts to them in their endeavors.
But no money, money is for the bookies.

More than a few bookies wins spent here

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.rt.com/sport/375762-celtic-fc-supporters-hand-over/amp/

Edited by gannonball

49 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Two days later and naebody's pulled up this anti-Semitic bullshit? Shame on you PnB 

Definitely anti-Semitic.  It's very unfortunate when people cannot/will not differentiate between Israel and "the Jews".

It would be far better to highlight the absolute disgrace that the Israeli government is as are those individuals and countries that give it succour.

5 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Definitely anti-Semitic.  It's very unfortunate when people cannot/will not differentiate between Israel and "the Jews".

It would be far better to highlight the absolute disgrace that the Israeli government is as are those individuals and countries that give it succour.

Not anti-Semitic, I hate all forms of religion equally. Disgusting how thousands of people are still being killed every day over this shite. 

1 minute ago, AFCDannyFTH said:

Not anti-Semitic, I hate all forms of religion equally. Disgusting how thousands of people are still being killed every day over this shite. 

I hate all forms of religion too that’s why I condemn them all rather than pick and choose.  Not all Jews support the actions of the Israeli government; not all Jews living in Israel support the Israeli government.

18 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I hate all forms of religion too that’s why I condemn them all rather than pick and choose.  Not all Jews support the actions of the Israeli government; not all Jews living in Israel support the Israeli government.

It was a direct response to the article linked in my post. Not picking or choosing. 

• 1 year later...