P&b Help Directory.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest The Phoenix

I can do the Mercury, Gemini and Apollo space program from 1961 to 1975 (mercury 7 to apollo-soyuz project).

And to think I always thought you were good company. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Stick me down for anything geological. Still waiting on another one of those fossil identification threads!

When I was walking along the beach at Montrose I found a rock that was grey, very light and full of small holes, allmost like a sponge that had turned to stone, any idea what it is?

Guest The Phoenix

When I was walking along the beach at Montrose I found a rock that was grey, very light and full of small holes, allmost like a sponge that had turned to stone, any idea what it is?

L4L's brain washed ashore?

• 2 weeks later...

I would assume it was a pumice stone.

It's volcanic rock that is turned to a solid when the lava meets water and because of the different processes happening simultaneously the holes appear (I can't remember what the processes are but one is to do with the sudden cooling of the lava).

Edit - Do we post answers in here?

I would assume it was a pumice stone.

It's volcanic rock that is turned to a solid when the lava meets water and because of the different processes happening simultaneously the holes appear (I can't remember what the processes are but one is to do with the sudden cooling of the lava).

Edit - Do we post answers in here?

I don't see why not but I thought the idea was that if you had a query about a specific matter then you had a look at the directory to see if there was a relevant "expert" then you'd PM them. Other questions should surely go into the Quick Question thread in the General Knowledge forum?

Archived