Snooker

RedWeb

1 hour ago, meanmistermustard said:

O'Sullivan spouting the greatest guff yet; plans for a new breakaway tour featuring players like O'Sullivan, Hendry (coming out of retirement), Higgins, who admits he currently couldn't give a shit about snooker and playing like it, and the two recently banned Chinese guys.

You'd think he's either seriously deluded or saying utter pish for his own amusement when the experts spend time discussing it in great details, however, you then turn on the snooker coverage only to find Rory McLeod and Dominic Dale playing and you realised you'd immediately begin calling up the ghost of Alex Higgins in a bid to get away.

It must be soul destroying for Mark Allen to get the draw only to discover he's got to suffer a night playing McLeod, a player who makes you wish Peter Ebdon was the opponent. 

I'd love to see this happen. Imagine Ronnie doing nothing but playing Stephen Hendry. 

9 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I'd love to see this happen. Imagine Ronnie doing nothing but playing Stephen Hendry. 

As a Hendry fan please no. Routinely getting bodied 6-0 by that c**t sounds like no fun at all.

He basically said he didn't really want a separate tour, he just didn't want to feel pressured into having to enter all the events if he was going to stay in the top sixteen. The idea of just counting the top ten tournaments per player for the rankings so as to allow older players the opportunity to carry on playing for longer didn't seem too unreasonable, to be fair. 

He did talk a lot of shite in between the coherent points, though and Davis' face was a picture. He was effectively a ginger "U WOT M8" meme. 

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

23 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

He basically said he didn't really want a separate tour, he just didn't want to feel pressured into having to enter all the events if he was going to stay in the top sixteen. The idea of just counting the top ten tournaments per player for the rankings so as to allow older players the opportunity to carry on playing for longer didn't seem too unreasonable, to be fair. 

He did talk a lot of shite in between the coherent points, though and Davis' face was a picture. He was effectively a ginger "U WOT M8" meme. 

I think that will probably be the sort of arrangement we will see in the near future. For all Hearn continues to spout about the sport never being healthier, he will still need to keep the bigger names involved in the sport for as long as possible to get arses on seats. It would be interesting to hear what some of the more box office friendly players think about O'Sullivan's proposals once the cameras and mics have been turned off.

Edited by BishopLenBrennan

Put a tenner each way on Mark Allen after the second round, he's done me proud do far. Didn't expect him to see off Bingham who's made some lethal breaks this week, but after all the fiddling with his tip the match tipped in Allen's favour. 

O'Sullivan has breezed his way through since coming through against Ken Doherty, but Allen should be the first opponent since Doherty to have a confident go at him. I'll predict a comfortable enough 10-6 in O'sullivan's favour though. 

Edited by AMMjag

O'Sullivan in the driving seat but Allen not done just yet. Think Ronnie will have too much for him though. That'll piss a load of you off. 
He is miles better than anyone else at the moment if he has his game head on. If he had a fraction of Hendry's focus he would have passed the world titles record already, never mind the total triple crown titles.

I can understand entirely why people don't like him, but O'Sullivan is one of my favourite sportsmen of all time. He makes an incredibly difficult sport look ridiculously easy. He's the best snooker player of all time despite himself. It would have been a real shame if he had turned his back on the sport during his darker years, but in the same breath the obsession with every single aspect of snooker is what has given him the ability what he has. I love watching him play and I hope he ends up getting at least one more world title. If his long potting and safety play hold up over the three weeks then there's absolutely no reason why he can't. An absolute genius. 

5 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
1 hour ago, Trackdaybob said:
O'Sullivan in the driving seat but Allen not done just yet. Think Ronnie will have too much for him though. That'll piss a load of you off. 

He is miles better than anyone else at the moment if he has his game head on. If he had a fraction of Hendry's focus he would have passed the world titles record already, never mind the total triple crown titles.

Definitely. To have achieved what he has and still be the best by a mile when there is so much quality out there is something incredible. 

Have booked a ticket to the Scottish Open on Tuesday for the first session, one incentive being O'Sullivan playing but my word there is a whole pile of shite. The legend that is James Wattana will be in action along with Peter Ebdon, Rory McLeod, Dominic Dale and Fergal O'Brien; can see a couple of those lasting for most of the day.