Snooker

RedWeb

I'm sure that'll be on the agenda tonight whatever happens.

Well, when I thrash you next week, I hope you have a shoulder to cry on.

Edited by oddjob

How anyone can say they prefer the darts to this is beyond me.

Maybe because the two sports are entirely different, which means that both sports have entirely different fanbases.

Or maybe that's just me being mental.

Maybe because the two sports are entirely different, which means that both sports have entirely different fanbases.

Or maybe that's just me being mental.

I'm perfectly aware of that, each to their own and all that I just mean from a personal point of view I've seen plenty of dramatic darts matches and dramatic snooker matches, but the enjoyment I get from a dramatic late night snooker match like this is in a different league when it comes to enjoyment.

Great final, and a terrific tournament overall for a so called dying sport.

Snooker is back!!

It was never gone.

It's not pulling in the live crowds on every night, but it still does decent business and attracts sponsors and pulls in crowds, especially on final nights and when big matches are on.

If it was dying before, then it never changed with the Masters. But it's not dying at all.

Great final, and a terrific tournament overall for a so called dying sport.

Snooker is back!!

Agree, a great final, nice profit to boot, now if Maruyama can come back into the running in hawaii it would make it a VERY nice Sunday night / monday morning, £10 at 20/1, covered with £5 on Zach Johnston at 9/4

Insipid lazy coverage as ever. It really is so smug and chummy. Time to axe the players from commentary and get people in who care about the sport and not the individuals.

Really? You've got several world champions involved, I'd say they care about the sport. John Parrott being anything like good was before my time, but Doherty and obviously Davis were and are well respected, and very good players. Which players annoy you?

It was a great final to watch, I'm glad Selby made a match of this. Selby is a long way from my favourite player to watch, but I can't help cheering him on against O'Sullivan - sadly his bottle didn't hold last night, and O'Sullivan gave him plenty of chances.

This pair seem to be more consistent than the rest, every chance they could meet each other in another final or two this season.