Snooker

RedWeb

10 minutes ago, microdave said:

This is nice and tense, just the way I like the snooker. And I have to pick up my daughter from her work soon. Aargh.

Can't beat these tense matches at the crucible. Shame you'll miss the end, If only snooker was on the radio for you 😂 

Can't beat these tense matches at the crucible. Shame you'll miss the end, If only snooker was on the radio for you [emoji23] 
The radio crossed my mind. Ach well, I knew fine when I agreed to it that this might happen.

When it was 11-9, I thought winning 4 out of the next 5 might be a step too far for Lisowski but fair play to him winning 3 on the spin.

Higgins is just amazing at that isn't he? Plays a poor, scrappy match then pulls out his 2 best frames right when it mattered most. There's never been anyone better under pressure.

Class of 92 continue to shine. The current crop have the skill but they don't seem to have the guts.

5 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Four former champions in the semis. Fucking boo. 

True but there were what 5 in the quarters as is? Lisowski, Maguire and arguably Bingham were all underdogs anyway. Lisowski had Higgins in really poor form so had the best chance of an upset but couldn't do it.

Moving on, if you're going to have a heavyweight semis lineup full of former champs it doesn't get any bigger so if you can't have the underdog and first time winner, go blockbuster.