Snooker

RedWeb

Neil Robertson is probably my favourite snooker player right now. Knows the tactical aspect of the game well and is good in amongst the balls when he gets goin. He's possibly the best all round player at the moment, and seems like a top guy too.

Barry Hearn think he's doing an amazing job.

He's right. I'm not best pleased about the dartsification aspects (whooping idiots in Arsenal shirts)* but it makes the sport money and gets it column inches, and if I had my way everyone would still have a fag during breaks** and a whisky at the table. And there'd be terraces.

* Though, to be fair, I've a well-heeled friend who went to the darts for a few days down south recently and fucking loved it

** Although I am the world's biggest supporter of the smoking ban

I too can't be bothered with O'Sullivan.

I think the game will be well shot of him when he eventually does f**k off for good.

Can;t stand Murphy either. Good to see Robertson opening up a can of whoopass on the god botherer.

My favourite player at the moment is probably Mark Williams. The fact that he went from being a qualifier to being number one in the world says something about the guy's love for the game when I dare say he could have lived a comfortable lifestyle without continuing in the game. He seems like a really down to earth guy aswell.

That being said, Robertson is a good player and I'm glad he won it over Shaun Murphy.

• 4 weeks later...

Watching the Welsh Open, Dominic Dale doesn't half talk some shite. He must be one of the worst pundits in snooker. Makes Steve Davis sound almost fucking interesting. And he has a stupid accent.

• 2 months later...

O'Sullivan vs in-form Ebdon looks the tie of the round. They're both wankers, can they both lose please?

I'd like to see Ding Junhui win. He seems a nice lad... and I think a Chinese World Champion would be good for the game.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

O'Sullivan vs in-form Ebdon looks the tie of the round. They're both wankers, can they both lose please?

I'd like to see Ding Junhui win. He seems a nice lad... and I think a Chinese World Champion would be good for the game.

I hope Ding is out ASAP. His fans do my tits in. Gonna stick my neck out and say this is Matthew Stevens' year. Cue him getting papped out in the first round.

I think it would be really bad actually, at least from a selfish British perspective. China is so huge that if the game becomes really popular there, in 20 years time the top 16 will be all, or almost all, Chinese.

In the same way that they dominate say Football?

Great to see Hendry getting a 147! He's still got it from time to time. Not the world beater he once was but clearly still has a lot of his ability.

I'm glad I skipped the Morton game today to watch him. What a lesson for Bingham. Hendry was in world-beating form today, he hardly missed a ball and 3 or 4 of those shots in the maximum were unbelievable. That cut on the red into the middle from near the baulk line to get (just) on the black was superb. Hendry is my sporting idol and it's brilliant to see him in devastating form again, however long it lasts.

He might have taken heart from the run Ebdon put together to win the China Open beating no less than John Higgins, Ding, Robertson and Maguire along the way at a similar age and point of his career to Hendry. I would love it, absolutely love it if he won an 8th world championship. :P

He has all the skills in the world to go and beat everyone. However as you age you lose neurons, synapses and axons from your brain and this effects your ability to hold focus and concentration. It is harder for an older player to continually keep focussed, hence why Hendry misses shots that he easily made in the 1990s. In a long match play game like it is at the Crucible it will be hard for Hendry not to give an opponent easy frames.

However when he is determined like he was today in making the 147 he shows that he is still as good as anyone else. As GiGi said I would love him to win it one more time.

Mark Allen continues his love in with China, not that he's bitter about getting thumped.