Snooker

RedWeb

Just now, G51 said:

Selby was worth the win in the end I think. Murphy really fucked it for himself yesterday.

Can't say he didn't have his chances through the match. Every time he had Selby wobbled he threw away a frame.

Selby was the best player all tournament.

It's amazing the amount of stick Selby gets for his play. These folk obviously don't remember Terry Griffiths or Cliff Thorburn but surely they have seen Peter Ebdon put people to sleep.

Selby isn't even that slow most of the time, he just takes a long time on certain shots. A worthy champion this year.

Selby is like the old team that played at ibrox that got the europa cup final. 
Nah they got lucky with great defence and that alone.

Selby is a top, top player. But he's also got that aspect to his game that makes him fucking brutal to play against.

18 hours ago, resk said:

McManus is vastly superior.  Time to put the auld fud out to pasture.  

McManus is a dreadful commentator. He belongs to this new breed of commentator which seems to think people watch a sport to hear them speak. He never shuts up. As a studio pundit and analyst he's great because he can explain everything, but when a match is actually happening? No.  Go away. 

17 hours ago, GiGi said:

The Ronneh fuds in the crowd booing him will be utterly fucked off as well which is just tremendous honestly.

It's some laugh listening to Trump and Sockless Jack Lisowski complaining about how formal snooker is when the alternative is twats in the audience like this. Enjoyed the referee telling t hem to pack it in.

It's some laugh listening to Trump and Sockless Jack Lisowski complaining about how formal snooker is when the alternative is twats in the audience like this. Enjoyed the referee telling t hem to pack it in.
Jeezo i couldn't agree less. I love Mcmanus in the booth. He's a right cheesy b*****d and his passion and enthusiasm is infectious.

19 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Nah they got lucky with great defence and that alone.

Selby is a top, top player. But he's also got that aspect to his game that makes him fucking brutal to play against.

The thing I like with Selby is watching him figure out the table to just stop his opponent doing anything. That is the name of the game basically, make the table as hard as possible for the other guy then just take the chances you make from it. The high level of problem solving is more interesting to me than any of the top players blasting in ton after ton. I'm not saying that's not good to watch either, I just like the finer arts if you like. Debilitating safety play, pressure clearances, pressure shot-making etc I love it all.

Most of the top 20 odd players are capable of clearing any table on a good day but watching Selby just shut down the top guys is something else and he's hardly my favourite player, in fact it's murder watching him robotically dismantle the guys I usually cheer for. But you can't imagine he's done winning worlds and other big titles, just far too savvy and consistent not to be up there even when he couldn't kick his own arse.

Edited by GiGi

Just now, MP_MFC said:

On the top of Jack Lisowski, why in the name of f**k is he being used as a pundit? An absolute no mark.

Is he an actual snooker player? Like a professional? He’s fucking clueless and going on the shots he did pissing about with Doherty, absolutely shite.

41 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Because they've been getting criticism for not attracting a young enough audience, I imagine. Still, I don't see what him being "a no mark" has to do with anything. How many world titles did Ted Lowe win?

He looks like he's a dick. I can't explain it. Also he was the one criticising them for not (in their view) doing enough to attract a younger audience. 

He's been threatening to break through for a while, I like to watch him play. I reckon he is bound to win a tournament or two but not sure he would ever be consistent enough to win the world title or be one of the top three or four.

It was never going to be a good idea to chuck a couple of low IQ Bristolians onto punditry or commentary.

"Uh, yeah, I fink, obviously, urm, he just needs to go for his shots more, I dunno"