Snooker

RedWeb

Zhou was very good. Probably a good win for him mentally, first time beating Higgins and doing it with room to spare, and first last 16 at the UK or any major tournament.

The Robertson McGill match was quality, likewise was supporting McGill there but as you say his form is good and he'll be knocking on the door soon enough.

1 minute ago, Trackdaybob said:

Graham Dott :o 

Where did he pop up from??? 

Wilson will have too much for him I think. 

Dott is a world class player over longer formats. No surprise to see him at all. He spanked Bingham in the early rounds.

Wilson will have his work cut out for him.

2 minutes ago, GiGi said:

No surprise to see him at all

I didn't even know he was still in the tournament. 

Still think Wilson will do him. Hoping he doesn't though ;) 

On 28/11/2020 at 13:52, Bully Wee Villa said:

Anyone know why Hendry doesn't seem to have taken part in any matches so far this season?

1 hour ago, garybs said:

Sure he said something to do with the no crowds currently

Said he's not ready. Game not up to scratch apparently. Seems he'll not play unless he feels he's good enough to compete with the top boys which isn't surprising given the reason he retired in the first place.

I see O'Sullivan has started a poor trend of players playing on long after they're beaten in a frame. Lu Ning just played and potted a few balls at 80 points down with only 50 on the table, before conceding without playing for any snookers. I can understand potting a few balls in the first frame even when you know you can't win but this was in frame 6. Joe Perry just looked annoyed.

O'Sullivan did it in the first round, Slessor then played on for about 15 minutes in his 2nd round match playing safety shots, Tian did it as well. This kind of behaviour should not be encouraged in snooker. It's bad sportsmanship at best and shithousery at worst.

1 minute ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Surprised O'Sullivan did that, I normally think he can't be arsed with playing on for snookers even when most players would. Was he in one of his strops about something?

Knowing what he's like probably just to be a dick and cause a bit of a stir as usual. The fact that other players have decided if Ronnie does it then they should as well is a minter for snooker in general if this becomes a normal thing to do.