Snooker

RedWeb

15 hours ago, Acastus said:

Even if he wins to get a 6th World title you know his speach is going to be about how terrible he is.

Well he has been pretty terrible for a lot of the tournament. He was spot on about the youngsters, the fact that he can show up at 44 playing like this and still win says it all.

Wilson is considered one of the best (at 28!) and he's playing like an amateur here

Brutal. O'Sullivan hasn't had to get out of first gear at any point in this match and he's nearly won with a session spare. Wilson has thrown the final spectacularly with the amount of chances he's wasted.

1 hour ago, trgf said:

Well he has been pretty terrible for a lot of the tournament. He was spot on about the youngsters, the fact that he can show up at 44 playing like this and still win says it all.

Wilson is considered one of the best (at 28!) and he's playing like an amateur here

I agree terrible in patches but also brilliant in others. He was beaten by a young amatuer in the 1st round last year, not won it since 2013 so the standard cant be that bad. 

Wilson 's cueball is amatuer. He's had a lucky run and been found out. Ronnies been there for the taking bar round 1. 

The most one sided final I can remember watching. Had O’Sullivan felt like it he could probably have won it 18-2. Feel a bit sorry for Wilson, clearly drained from that semi final and the way that went, and mentally just didn’t look there at all for most of the final. Maybe the experience will help in future. As for O’Sullivan, you wonder if he will finally carry out his threat to retire after that. Was clearly half arsing it for large parts of the tournament and still won it with a huge amount to spare.

Well O'Sullivan came out up for it today and that was that. Nice speach from him aswel I take back what i previously said. Coming back and beating Ding, Williams and Selby along the way is some doing. He is a fit guy I wonder how long he can keep going...

For the next few seasons I expect Ronnie to go after his seventh to match Hendry, he's said it a few times in the past. All about if he can remain interested and together for 17 days, in most matches he looked like he was miles away and needed his opponent to apply pressure to get moving again.

Wilson is a top 16 possibly top 8 player who had a very good run. Wouldn't surprise me if he never reached a final again but if Graeme Dott can win it then there is hope for every player out there.

Forgot the seniors was on the BBC. Will be watching that on my days off.

15 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

I haven't watched any of the snooker this year mainly because I've been backshift so I've no idea what's went on. I've just seen this interview (again, no idea what happened during the tournament) but it had me in stitches. 

I've always seen him as a massive fanny, but between his excellent BBC interviews and the absence of his cretinous hangers-on in the Crucible, I've been able to really enjoy watching him in a tournament for the first time. 

Just a shame he didn't get to scud Judd Trump off the table en route to the trophy. 

O'Sullivan's interview after the Selby match was good. BBC trying to create some emotional narrative for the final only for O'Sullivan to repeatedly go on about his cue action.

He also said anyone who has won it four times is a snooker great but also included Williams. The only other three time winner in the modern era is Selby, tho he was more referring to Higgins who has won it four times.

Damage done in session 2 I think.

I don’t think I have ever seen anyone play as badly in a world final as o’Sullivan in that session and he only lost it 5-4.

Wilson needed to be ruthless and win that one 7-2 minimum.  Here was never going to play that badly again on day 2 .

Just glad Selby didn’t win it. Has there ever been a player as good as him who is so bad to watch?

1 hour ago, Merkie84 said:

Damage done in session 2 I think.

I don’t think I have ever seen anyone play as badly in a world final as o’Sullivan in that session and he only lost it 5-4.

Wilson needed to be ruthless and win that one 7-2 minimum.  Here was never going to play that badly again on day 2 .

Just glad Selby didn’t win it. Has there ever been a player as good as him who is so bad to watch?

That's just your opinion. I like watching Selby.