Jump to content
RedWeb

Snooker

Recommended Posts

Credit where it’s due. A performance like that to win your first World title is almost unbelievable. Harsh on Higgins to have lost but there is no one in the game who was living with what Trump served up in that final.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So what do the audience get to make up for the early final?

Taylor reminiscing about the 1985 final whilst Virgo does his impressions.

A night of poetry recitals with Alan McManus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alan McManus is on medication.

Edited by Acastus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Not ideal if you bought tickets for this session.
So what do the audience get to make up for the early final?
Taylor reminiscing about the 1985 final whilst Virgo does his impressions.
A night of poetry recitals with Alan McManus.
A mate of mine was at the final a few years back where there was a chance that the final session would only last a frame or three (in the end it went on for quite a while - I can't for the life of me remember which final it was though) and the audience were told there would be an exhibition match if it ended early - Steve Davis v Stephen Henrdy I think as they were both on BBC duty - with your usual trick shot stuff, a Q&A and the like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why's it always the likes of Hendry, Davis and Taylor that have to play the exhibitions? That lazy cow Hazel needs to start pulling her weight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

fair fxcks to trump,he's been serving up a  straight up no kissing dry length  pretty much all tournament.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not all tournament. Mental to think the closest he came to losing was against Thepchaiyah un-Nooh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:
On 05/05/2019 at 21:12, IrishBhoy said:
When Denis Taylor says ‘naughty snooker’...
772B388C-6973-4DC6-A599-070D65A305E8.gif.52e3244e217643fc139b6371d18126f9.gif

Who is that lassie again?

^^Denis Taylor Fan^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

A mate of mine was at the final a few years back where there was a chance that the final session would only last a frame or three (in the end it went on for quite a while - I can't for the life of me remember which final it was though) and the audience were told there would be an exhibition match if it ended early - Steve Davis v Stephen Henrdy I think as they were both on BBC duty - with your usual trick shot stuff, a Q&A and the like.

I read the other day that when Steve Davis beat John Parrott 18-3 with a session to spare that Parrott came back and played an exhibition in the evening. No more details than that, but if true it can't have been a very pleasant experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone play Snooker 19 Thought there would be no point starting a thread in the gaming forum as those likely to play it would post here. 

Its fucking hard but I’m starting to get a bit of joy. The most difficult part is judging the pace, I either under hit it or totally over hit it. My best break is 126, I highly doubt I’ll be able to get a maximum though. 

31DF5CA4-C04F-4FB6-AE5B-8128D9905029.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yet another World Cup triumph for Scotland, following on from the darts version earlier this month. 

You can see why the cricket authorities were so scared they didn't let Scotland in, now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/05/2019 at 17:28, Miguel Sanchez said:

I read the other day that when Steve Davis beat John Parrott 18-3 with a session to spare that Parrott came back and played an exhibition in the evening. No more details than that, but if true it can't have been a very pleasant experience.

Unlike a scouser to milk grief.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Yet another World Cup triumph for Scotland, following on from the darts version earlier this month. 

You can see why the cricket authorities were so scared they didn't let Scotland in, now. 

Rarely troubled other than the games against Wales and Belgium either. 

Maguire and Higgins are a hell of a team when some nations had jobbers playing for them. Highest average ranking by a fair bit I would think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

EngIand had the best average ranking (even though four of their top five ranked players didn't turn up). Scotland joint-second with Wales. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

EngIand had the best average ranking (even though four of their top five ranked players didn't turn up). Scotland joint-second with Wales. 

Like I said magnificent achievement against the odds for our plucky underdogs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...