Snooker

RedWeb

Was looking forward to a day off sitting watching the snooker all day but not anymore. Can it be finished with a session to spare now?
Yeah, 8 frames in the next session and Trump needs 6 to win.

Absolute humbling. Sad it couldn't be closer and more tense but Trump couldn't have played better. He's broke the back of the match with that session. 

Higgins just has to stay with him. He's never going to run away with it, but trump just might.
I'm taking that as a correct prediction (since I'm never right with shit like this).

Surely that's never happened before? A century break and then losing 8 on the bounce?

Going to take a huge effort from Higgins just to make it to the final session. Difference in his last 2 matches was that he made mistakes but wasn't always punished, Trump was absolutely clinical last night.

Going to take a huge effort from Higgins just to make it to the final session. Difference in his last 2 matches was that he made mistakes but wasn't always punished, Trump was absolutely clinical last night.

Agree with this. If he does make to the evening session, it won't be a late finish. Which is a shame as I love it when it's still going at yon time and going into work the next day feeling shattered.

Obvious to say it but he needs the first couple of frames in the next session or it's done. If he can take it to the final session and is within 3 frames at that point, I'd fancy him to win it.

1 hour ago, Ross. said:

Obvious to say it but he needs the first couple of frames in the next session or it's done. If he can take it to the final session and is within 3 frames at that point, I'd fancy him to win it.

He's already given himself too much to do for that. It will take a near total collapse from Trump and a faultless session from Higgins to keep this competitive now. 

3 minutes ago, GiGi said:

He's already given himself too much to do for that. It will take a near total collapse from Trump and a faultless session from Higgins to keep this competitive now. 

You're probably right. 5-3 in the next session would still leave him needing 5 of the remaining frames, which I think would be too much. Higgins, on form, could easily rattle in the sort of run that Trump managed last night, but he really doesn't look as though he has that kind of form in him in this match. At this point it would probably be the best comeback in the game if he manages it.

4 hours ago, microdave said:

After years of wanting to go to the Crucible, I've bitten the bullet this morning and secured tickets to three sessions of the quarter finals next year!

I'm at the Wednesday afternoon session. Row N if you want to come and say hello (really quietly). 

I've been this year and last. You'll love it, mate. 

Thought that 147 was in the bag when he doubled the red there. There has still never been one in the World final I don't think. 

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

I'm at the Wednesday afternoon session. Row N if you want to come and say hello (really quietly). 
I've been this year and last. You'll love it, mate. 
Thought that 147 was in the bag when he doubled the red there. There has still never been one in the World final I don't think. 
I'm there on the Tuesday.