Snooker

RedWeb

• 3 weeks later...
Mark Allen was 3-1 down and trailing 24-2  in 5th when he conceded the frame with 11 reds left and a possible 115 points left on table. Bizarre. 
Just came on to post the same after reading about it on the BBC sport website. Said the table was shite and he felt he was having to overhit every shot to move the white around, and that there was no point the spectators watching him miss more and more. He can expect a fine.

Snooker legend and commentator God Willie Thorne is back on the BBC bringing his excellent insights and knowledge on the game. 

He is alongside Dominic Dale.

So far they have discussed how Anthony McGill was, for a very short period, nicknamed the Nugget as he had ginger hair.

Edited by meanmistermustard

• 2 months later...

Normally want the underdog to do well but have tickets for the final session of the first Quarter-Final so hoping Williams gets through so I can say I've seen the World Champion. That quarter of the draw looks somewhat uninspiring if he gets knocked out. 

Have had a few bets for interest. Two from that "easy" quarter of the draw. Fiver each way on Hawkins and Gilbert at 22/1 and 150/1, respectively. Also couldn't resist Selby at what seems a massive 10/1. Put a tenner each way on him. 

Haven't bet on him but would like to see Ding win. Any new champion would be good, though. 

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

15 hours ago, trainspotter said:

A trivial observation, but it looks like the attention-seeking Coventry fan has lost his favoured seat beside the players booth. He’s in the front row at the partition and not looking very happy.

I wonder how he lost his seat. Maybe he wanted to move so he could see both tables? Given that he is an attention seeking c*** I fully expect to see him back in his usual seat for the one table setup.