Snooker

RedWeb

What's Trump done to be classed as a bell-end?

I remember him bringing his wee bellend pals to an event where they "weyyy"ed his opponent's misses. He also blamed a loss against some jobber like Dominic Dale on a 'lack of atmosphere'. Seems he's bought into his own hype.

Can't agree with the Murphy haters though, seems like a good lad, and he's always gracious in defeat which I like. Other than him I like Maguire, has a bit of fire (:P) about him when he's up for it.

Looks like O'Sullivan is a shoe-in to win it this year, I thought Ding would have done a bit better.

Respect to the other semi-finalists too. Biggest game of either of their careers and I'm sure whichever of them gets to the final they'll grow into it. Would like to see Walden win it of the players that are left.

There's just certain wee things that I mind reading about and thinking "w****r".

The ones that I can remember:

"Snooker players are on less than minimum wage" - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-2261399/Judd-Trump-says-snooker-players-paid-more.html

There was something about him dishing out really patronising "he's done well for his ability" chat to Neil Robertson, which I think was when his pals were there being dicks as GiGi mentioned.

Various mentions of the other players being "jealous" of him. "I let my snooker do the talking...but everyone's jealous of me ken" http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/4906920/Snooker-Judd-Trump-raps-jealousy.html

He played his normal speed. He is always quite slow," said Trump. "He did what he had to and he was a little bit boring in the first couple of frames.

"I missed a few easy balls out there. If I played my best game, I would beat him easy. I've only got myself to blame. There were a few long pots I missed early on.

"He's done what he can do with his talent, and has won a lot of tournaments over the years"

Let me know if you want a link to this bit of talking which Trump was definitely not doing with his actual mouth.

Edited by SodjesSixteenIncher

The less than minimum wage one seems more like over simplified shite than moaning. The point about there not being much money in snooker appears to be a fair one, but I'm not sure exactly what's expected to be done about it. Snooker just isn't that attractive a sport really.

That second article is a bit eye opening though. It's the sort of arrogance you'd hear from the likes of a Phil Taylor, rather than being confidence.

Everyone knows Trump is cocky wee playboy - does DomDom know anything about snooker?

I watch the tournaments but don't tend to keep much of an eye on the off table stuff. And Sodje's rather stupid second Google post led me to believe he could well be talking shite.

The less than minimum wage one seems more like over simplified shite than moaning. The point about there not being much money in snooker appears to be a fair one, but I'm not sure exactly what's expected to be done about it. Snooker just isn't that attractive a sport really.

Still stems from arrogance though. I can take his point about people ranked 50 travelling about, just getting by (although spending 35 weeks a year in hotels, then only having 10k at the end is not "less than minimum wage").

As someone who hasn't been a professional sportsperson my whole working life and actually worked for minimum wage, I'd catch myself and think "wait, I own a bunch of sportscars and am moaning about money, I sound like a bellend here".

I watch the tournaments but don't tend to keep much of an eye on the off table stuff. And Sodje's rather stupid second Google post led me to believe he could well be talking shite.

Wasn't stupid at all. If you were to google 'Judd Trump arrogant; complains about money; criticises opponents' which is what I mentioned in the first place, this would all come up.

Have to say Ronnie O'Sullivan is someone I should hate. Everything he represents are thing's I hate, but I find that I quite like him and he's one of the players that makes me want to watch snooker.

In saying that though, my favourite player is John Higgins and I support Dundee. Not really in a position to complain tbh.