Snooker

RedWeb

John Higgins has just won the Welsh Open, beating Ali Carter 9-4.

The BBC Wales guy who interviewed him at the end asked him, 'So John, just how good would you say you are right now?'.

"cringe"

That was almost as bad as Jim White's immortal arse lick question to Brian Laudrup many years ago.

Almost.

Comfortable win in the end for John. Its things like this that needs to be stopped in Snooker, some of the interviews are awful

• 1 month later...

John Higgins v Barry Hawkins

Mark King v Steve Davis

Neil Robertson v Fergal O'Brien

Marco Fu v Martin Gould

Ali Carter v Jamie Cope

Joe Perry v Michael Holt

Ding Junhui v Stuart Pettman

Shaun Murphy v Gerrard Greene

Stephen Maguire v Stephen Lee

Peter Ebdon v Graeme Dott

Mark Allen v Tom Ford

Ryan Day v Mark Davis

Mark Selby v Ken Doherty

Stephen Hendry v Anda Zhang

Mark Williams v Marcus Campbell

Ronnie O'Sullivan v Liang Wenbo

The World Championship draw.

Stephen Maguire v Stephen Lee

Stephen Hendry v Anda Zhang

Ronnie O'Sullivan v Liang Wenbo

Interesting ones. Ronnie has a very tough start and im interested to see how Hendo does in this match. Stephen LEe found a wee bit of form so that could be a potential upset.

Neil Robertson World Champion 2010.

Interesting ones. Ronnie has a very tough start and im interested to see how Hendo does in this match. Stephen LEe found a wee bit of form so that could be a potential upset.

Neil Robertson World Champion 2010.

The Stephen Lee vs Stephen Mcguire one is also interesting as haven't both been embrloiled/accused/involved with games with irregular betting recently?

• 4 months later...

Always a shame to hear of anyone dying, and a real shame for a legend of any sport. Alex Higgins was certainly a controversial character, but he brought snooker to the forefront, and although i'm not sure he was the most popular with his peers, they understand his influence on their careers. Shame to see a legend pass away after a very long and difficult battle with lung cancer.

Edited by Davis Love III

• 1 month later...

Anyone else get annoyed by the I don't love snooker, I'm bored. Line, he brings out every time he is bored or seek publicity.

He's an absolute sack full of self-importance and I wish the snooker media and his fellow professionals would stop feeding his ego and recognise him as nothing more than an arrogant twat, sublime ability or not.

• 2 months later...

Jimmy White looks to be going 1 up with 2 to play v Hendry in the UKs. With Higgins back it could be an interesting wee tournament. It's amazing to see he far darts is now away from snooker in popularity terms, it's certainly the in thing at the moment.

Still love a bit of snooker myself.