Snooker

RedWeb

Far too much is being made of this. So what if he didnt hang about? He isnt taking anything away from Selby. Its people making a big fuss about it that are taking away from Selbys win.

People saying Ronnie should quit ect as he isnt enjoying it obviously havent seen many of his interviews throughout the tournament then. Hes enjoying the game more than he has in years and his interviews are more respectful to his opponents, especially Peter Ebdon who he openly dislikes.

Mountain and molehill.

Walking out before his opponent received the trophy was bang out of order..never seen that before in a snooker final

The double Selby played is exactly the type of shot that O'Sullivan would have played in a similar situation. Look at the ridiculous left handed cut he attempted in the previous frame which was effectively championship ball. .

Also funny to hear Jimmy White describe O’Sullivan afterwards as the greatest player he’s ever seen. Has White already forgotten about the man who used to give him a regular pumping in the World Championship final?

Also funny to hear Jimmy White describe O’Sullivan afterwards as the greatest player he’s ever seen. Has White already forgotten about the man who used to give him a regular pumping in the World Championship final?

:huh: O’Sullivan is regarded by just about everyone as the greatest player to ever play the game. Rightly so.

Anyone who wants Ronnie to quit clearly wants to see a drop in crowds in snooker.

I suppose this might meet your moronic needs, but doesn't serve snooker one bit and I doubt you'll find a player who disagrees with that.

Ronnie O'Sullivan is good for snooker. Only a tool can deny that.

Far too much is being made of this. So what if he didnt hang about? He isnt taking anything away from Selby. Its people making a big fuss about it that are taking away from Selbys win.

People saying Ronnie should quit ect as he isnt enjoying it obviously havent seen many of his interviews throughout the tournament then. Hes enjoying the game more than he has in years and his interviews are more respectful to his opponents, especially Peter Ebdon who he openly dislikes.

Mountain and molehill.

Do you know why?

Anyone who wants Ronnie to quit clearly wants to see a drop in crowds in snooker.

I suppose this might meet your moronic needs, but doesn't serve snooker one bit and I doubt you'll find a player who disagrees with that.

Ronnie O'Sullivan is good for snooker. Only a tool can deny that.

Oh no doubt that Ronnie boosts up crowds. He is a tool though. :rolleyes:

I take great pleasure in seeing o'Sullivan lose, and always have.

He's the most talented player ever to pick up a snooker cue, of that there can be little doubt, but the greatest player of all time? Well there is a difference.

Personally, I'd say Higgins is a better player than O'Sullivan, Higgins temperament and professionalism is without doubt whereas O'Sullivan just comes accross as a moaning little attention whore who shows a complete lack of respect when he loses and nothing but total apathy when he wins.

In fact, if it wasn't for Higgins being so consistently brilliant and looking to still be at the top of his game for a few years yet, o'Sullivan would have chucked it years ago I reckon.

:huh: O’Sullivan is regarded by just about everyone as the greatest player to ever play the game. Rightly so.

Don't think so. Most folk in the game regard Stephen Hendry as the greatest player to ever play the game.

When he wins all the titles and breaks all the records that Hendry has acheived then he can be called that.

If he sorts out his temperament than I think he probably will end up doing it but until then Hendry is the greatest ever

Don't think so. Most folk in the game regard Stephen Hendry as the greatest player to ever play the game.

When he wins all the titles and breaks all the records that Hendry has acheived then he can be called that.

If he sorts out his temperament than I think he probably will end up doing it but until then Hendry is the greatest ever

I think even Hendry has said he's the best at one time or another. His temperament is the only reason he hasn't won more world titles.

I think even Hendry has said he's the best at one time or another. His temperament is the only reason he hasn't won more world titles.

And because of that temperament - he can't be considered the best ever. (at least not in my opinion). Best raw talent - there probably isn't a doubt.

It depends how you interpret the word 'greatest' that i used. Stephen Hendy is a fantastic ambassador for the game and my favourite player of all time for his sheer consistency but i still regard Ronnie as the greatest player to ever play the game.

Does 'greatest' mean the most naturally gifted player to pick up a snooker cue or whoever has won the most titles? Thats a question in itself.

Another side note, i reagrd the quality of opposition to be higher now than it ever was. Again people will disagee. People dont class Joe Davis or John Pulman as the best players of all time.

Edited by Cowden til i die

Do you know why?

Someone can correct me if i am wrong but i always thought it was due to Peter's 'tactics' he used in beating O'Sullivan in the WC. He was taking an age to play his shots which got the Rocket flustered. Was quite funny at the time. It may have stemmed from something before this.

It depends how you interpret the word 'greatest' that i used. Stephen Hendy is a fantastic ambassador for the game and my favourite player of all time for his sheer consistency but i still regard Ronnie as the greatest player to ever play the game.

Does 'greatest' mean the most naturally gifted player to pick up a snooker cue or whoever has won the most titles? Thats a question in itself.

Another side note, i reagrd the quality of opposition to be higher now than it ever was. Again people will disagee. People dont class Joe Davis or John Pulman as the best players of all time.

I'd say the greatest player is the one who has achieved the most and held in the highest regard by his opponents. Talent is one thing but greatness is another and I've never admired O'Sullivan as a sportsman so I wouldn't apply it to him.

I'd say the greatest player is the one who has achieved the most and held in the highest regard by his opponents. Talent is one thing but greatness is another and I've never admired O'Sullivan as a sportsman so I wouldn't apply it to him.

I don't think Ronnie is a bad sportsman to be honest. I think he's muddled at times and gets a bit too caught up in his emotions.

• 2 weeks later...

John Higgins has just won the Welsh Open, beating Ali Carter 9-4.

The BBC Wales guy who interviewed him at the end asked him, 'So John, just how good would you say you are right now?'.

"cringe"

That was almost as bad as Jim White's immortal arse lick question to Brian Laudrup many years ago.

Almost.

John Higgins has just won the Welsh Open, beating Ali Carter 9-4.

The BBC Wales guy who interviewed him at the end asked him, 'So John, just how good would you say you are right now?'.

"cringe"

That was almost as bad as Jim White's immortal arse lick question to Brian Laudrup many years ago.

Almost.

That you at it again?,doesn't anything else ever enter your heed.

Go and thrash one out and get it oot your system man....

Edited by Seymour Bush