Snooker

RedWeb

23 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

And no, can't say I've watched any of it. Scheduling during the busiest time of the World Cup wasn't the brightest. 

Or rather, scheduling the world cup in winter wasn't the brightest but let's not get into all that. I'm sure it's already been done to death elsewhere. 

I've caught a fair bit of this, mainly by watching on catchup overnight on quiet night shifts. 

Brecel-Patrick, Allen-Lee and Ronnie-Bai were all entertaining fare, as was Ding-O'Connor today, Donaldson-McGill beforehand though was an absolute slog. Not surprised to see Ronnie out today, wasn't looking at all himself against Woolaston

Robertson absolutely demolishing Selby 5-2. Real high quality match. Two centuries each but in reality, Selby didn't get a look in. Best I've seen Robertson in quite some time. He's got to be favourite now. 

I don't know much about Joe O'Connor but very impressed with him last night. Didn't let Robertson bully him and played some great snooker going through 6-3. 

Robertson whilst decent, wasn't as good as the evening before but will feel a little hard done by. Scored well when he did get in. 

Looking forward to the final now. Nice to have none of the usual suspects contesting it for a change. I've no iron in the fight just hope both players give a decent account of themselves. 

Better than watching the football I imagine. 

Not the final I really wanted. Wilson wins 9-2. I felt a bit for O'Connor. He didn't give a decent account of himself really. The fee mistakes he made were punished heavily by Wilson, who scored better all day and definitely a deserved winner.

O'Connor, whilst no doubt disappointed now, has had a great week. We've no seen the last of him. 

Edited by Trackdaybob

Great for Wilson. He just played like it was any other match and strolled it. O'Connor was in first in almost every frame and let Wilson in every time. Deserved win.

The other Chinese boys getting banned was bad enough but Yan is a huge name to be suspended for match fixing. There will have been evidence built up for it to get this far as well. 

Really bad news for the sport and biggest scandal since Higgins and Stephen Lee. 

That was brilliant. I nipped out for my dinner and got home just in time to see Williams clearing the colours. Rewound back to watch the whole break. 

Only 3rd in his career did they say?! Mental. Oldest player to do it in competition now too.