Snooker

RedWeb

5 minutes ago, keptie said:

I don't know anyone who likes O'Sullivan but he always seems to have all the crowd behind him at tournaments. Is it just us Scots that don't like him? I must admit his constant whining of the game is pretty tiresome, nobody is forcing him to play. Certainly got pumped today.

Never understood the hero worship. There are certainly geniuses in other sports who don't get as much adulation for being complete knobs. 

I don't know anyone who likes O'Sullivan but he always seems to have all the crowd behind him at tournaments. Is it just us Scots that don't like him? I must admit his constant whining of the game is pretty tiresome, nobody is forcing him to play. Certainly got pumped today.
GWANNN RONNY!!

On 18/11/2022 at 18:00, keptie said:

I don't know anyone who likes O'Sullivan

:thumsup2

Probably makes me a no voting tory who drives a German car according to forum rules. Or something :lol:

No seen as much of the tournament as I'd have liked to unfortunately. 

Rooting for Allen today :)

Ding is dull as dishwater. 

5 hours ago, Trackdaybob said:

:thumsup2

Probably makes me a no voting tory who drives a German car according to forum rules. Or something :lol:

No seen as much of the tournament as I'd have liked to unfortunately. 

Rooting for Allen today :)

Ding is dull as dishwater. 

There's always one 😉

I like Ding he's class. Hope he finishes the job tonight.

26 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

I'm actually no that arsed who wins it now. Ding is looking good can't see Allen coming back at him now. 

Allen is very good at clawing himself back into games. i wouldn't rule him out yet.

Alan McManus has morphed into Michael Stewart as a co-commentator this tournament.  He's meant to assist the main commentator with "expert" input on various shots, but he's been drawling on incessantly, over-elaborating on the shots and still discussing his points two or three shots on.

On 19/11/2022 at 12:15, Karpaty Lviv said:

It’s the fact that he’ll just come out and say he isn’t bothered about being shagged 6-0 and everything it fine because he says the same when he’s winning. Just chuck it then if he’s not bothered and clearly hates snooker, he clearly doesn’t need the money. 

It is a job for Ronnie. He likes the cash and having something to do when he wakes up in the morning. Even if he sometimes can't be fucked with a game. The fact he can half arse it a lot of the time and still be world number 1 is a problem for the rest of the guys. He has been in the top 16 except for his flirtation with retirement in 2013. The field just isn't good enough to put him on his sofa. Same reason Higgins has been able to hang around.

1 hour ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Only one winner now.

just tuned in. who is going to win?

It's turned from a procession for Ding into a procession for Allen into what's now a really cagey match. Which probably suits Ding at this point to halt the momentum.

23 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

It is a job for Ronnie. He likes the cash and having something to do when he wakes up in the morning. Even if he sometimes can't be fucked with a game. The fact he can half arse it a lot of the time and still be world number 1 is a problem for the rest of the guys. He has been in the top 16 except for his flirtation with retirement in 2013. The field just isn't good enough to put him on his sofa. Same reason Higgins has been able to hang around.

just tuned in. who is going to win?

Mark Allen has just won.

21 hours ago, keptie said:

Allen is very good at clawing himself back into games. i wouldn't rule him out yet.

Just seen the result :o

Fair play and well done to him. 

I went to play pool and have a beer last night. I didn't do as well as Mark it's fair to say :lol:

Allen is the man of the season. British open final followed by winning the NI open and the UK. 

Losing all that weight will have been so much harder than anything he'll do on the snooker table so he must just feel like he can do anything now. They've all got the shots but the difference in the top players is what's going on upstairs. Allen has suffered with that plenty so well done to him. Deserves this success.

• 2 weeks later...