Snooker

RedWeb

Superb from Hawkins.

It's really been a good tournament this year. Only shock has been Hawkins bodying Selby but not so surprising when you consider Selby opening up to some mental health problems he's been having. I hope he gets back to his best on and off the table as he did not look at all well in his last match. 

Good final lined up and I hope Hawkins gets it. Too good a player not to win something major. 

Ken Doherty reminds me a bit of Austin Purcell from Father Ted, mixed with the one with the more boring voice.

I'd imagine if it wasn't for snooker then he'd be talking about how he runs the gas off the electricity and the electricity off the gas to save two hundred pounds a year. That and his new boiler.

Hawkins has been very poor here. 
83% pot success in a Masters final is never going to cut it. 
Wasting good chances all day. 

He has had chances in the majority of frames. To win tournaments like this, you have to kill the frame in one visit. Gifting Robertson frames

Felt a bit for Hawkins. A lot of the time he never had the white 'on a string'. Did he just run out of steam? 

I said earlier in the tournament that Robertson was unexpectedly missing more than usual. Unfortunately, Hawkins was unable to take advantage. 

After the semi's, the final was a wee bit dull I felt. 

Still a great tournament though. Thoroughly enjoyed it. 

Felt like Hawkins was altogether too happy with just getting to the final. He's been in a few big finals and always seems to get bodied in the end.

Robertson was showing weakness most of the day but Hawkins was poor, got to feel most other players in the top 16 would at least have ran him close.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...