Snooker

RedWeb

Just now, Bully Wee Villa said:

Fairplay to Allen. Feel a bit sorry for Evans but not for some of her arsehole supporters.

That will have been the most uncomfortable session of snooker that Allen will have ever played,

Just now, GiGi said:

Never in doubt after Evans chucked the 4th frame away.

She was really unlucky when she split they two reds up but wasn't on either of them, would've been game over if she was on one of them otherwise.

Allen coming off that match with class. He offered the handshake, acknowledged the good shots and breaks and spoke well of Evans' game after it.

He did look absolutely done in that interview.

Edited by GiGi

Having patiently waited for Scottish Open ticket news, WST have finally announced that tickets are on sale for the event, in Llandudno, Wales

Spoiler

tumblr_mpkxahfEgE1rsxo3uo1_250.gif.d18d8befd5b5c35b11f548a78a2a6943.gif

1 hour ago, GiGi said:

Having patiently waited for Scottish Open ticket news, WST have finally announced that tickets are on sale for the event, in Llandudno, Wales

Hide contents

tumblr_mpkxahfEgE1rsxo3uo1_250.gif.d18d8befd5b5c35b11f548a78a2a6943.gif

Hmm yeah that makes sense....doesn't it....somebody.

Hendry's long potting was very good. He just didn't get the pace of the match table down and ran out of position often. I think he should be encouraged though and I certainly thought it was better than his match against White. Recency bias I suspect because that one was garbage.

Yan Bingtao and Barry Hawkins out. 

Realistically any player inside the top 50 or 60 should feel they have a decent chance of a run to the semis or even the final in this format. Upsets all over the shop. 

Bit of a scrappy chess match between Higgins and Cao Yupeng (fresh off a 2 year ban). Higgins there for the taking and it should already be 2 nil though.

Cao was responsible for one of the biggest bottle jobs I've ever seen in snooker in the Scottish open final against Robertson a few years ago, you wonder if he has the stuff to get over that and win something. 

Another Hendry match where the standard is dreadful. Hendry’s first shot he completely messed the break off and hasn’t improved, missing basic shots and giving Wilson numerous chances. Wilson looked half decent in the first frame but poor in the second.
Going 2-0 to Wilson and I think Hendry will be gutted and furious with himself at how he’s played from the off.

Another Hendry match where the standard is dreadful. Hendry’s first shot he completely messed the break off and hasn’t improved, missing basic shots and giving Wilson numerous chances. Wilson looked half decent in the first frame but poor in the second.
Going 2-0 to Wilson and I think Hendry will be gutted and furious with himself at how he’s played from the off.
I just don't see what Hendry is trying to achieve. From the games I've watched, (including the two bald men fighting over a comb that was his worlds qualifier against White), he is nowhere near the level required to compete against even the half decent pros.

Lost 3-0 and was embarrassing. Can’t see how he can take any positives from such pish.

I think the only way he can compete is if he’s able to bring his opponents down to a really poor level and scrape victories. I only saw the end of the first round win and it was an awful standard that even club players would have considered leaving early to save the cost of table time.

I think he just needs more matches tbh. He potted well in his first match and just struggled with the speed of the table since he doesn't get any time on the hyper fast match cloth on the TV tables.

That was a struggle today but I reckon his game is still there. He seems happy enough in practice and just didn't bring it at all there as he said. More tournaments and more matches and he will improve.