Snooker

RedWeb

Nightmarish safety standard from Selby. Murphy has had the upper hand several times only to end up back in serious bother in a couple of shots time.

Colours safe, reds safe, Murphy needing big colours even if he was to see a red to pot it.

Selby is 2 up with 10 minutes to play and just shitfesting the ball into row z at the opposite end of the park. Absolutely love to see it.

4 hours ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

Hypothetical...

If you, as a snooker fan, could only watch one type of frame until you died - what would you choose?

O'Sullivan type clearance

Or

Long, slow, Selby type safety battle?

O Sullivan , but Selby's rate of centuries is actually higher than o'Sullivan's 

Just booked tickets for myself and 3 mates to go the The Crucible next year. Got tickets for 3 sessions in total on the first Thursday and Friday of the tournament, couldn't get anything for the Saturday unfortunately as they just had seats dotted about. Hopefully Sheffield Utd or Wednesday are at home that day.

Went before in 2018 and it was cracking, Hazel Irvine even forced the fakest of fake smiles when I got a picture with her.

Anybody else get tickets?

I got QF tickets for 2020 which I have carried over twice. Wanted to go when everything (especially pubs) was open as normal. I love the Crucible.
Yeah, definitely need pubs to be open as normal. I hope the Brown Bear just round the corner from the Crucible is still on the go next year.

10 hours ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

Hypothetical...

If you, as a snooker fan, could only watch one type of frame until you died - what would you choose?

O'Sullivan type clearance

Or

Long, slow, Selby type safety battle?

Definitely the safety battle. Whilst big clearances are impressive, there's no sense of competition. I wouldn't want to watch a 10-0 football match for the same reason. 

Nice shot of Murphy comfort eating at the break. Comfortably the better player in those 4 frames yet Selby sneaks out at 2-2 on the day so far.

If Selby plays well tonight he'll take a bit of stopping now. Can't say he played well at all there and he's effectively won the afternoon session 4-4 (if that makes sense).

Murphy made some excellent shots but is so wasteful.

The crowd are obviously wanting anyone but Selby to win and I hope they're all going home raging later.

14 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

Was that Selby getting booed on? Lovely.

It definitely was.  Don't think I've ever heard that from a snooker crowd before!