Snooker

RedWeb

You couldn’t hand pick 4 players with as little appeal as what we have been left with for the semi-final line up. Don’t get me wrong, they are all brilliant snooker players and have deservedly reached this stage of the championship, but the match ups don’t exactly whet the appetite for me. Hopefully they surprise me and serve up some exciting snooker.

Out of the four I will be rooting for Kyren Wilson as he is the only player left yet to win the World Championship and comes across as a fairly nice guy. I don’t want to see Murphy or Selbys smug coupon on my TV if they were to win, and Bingham seems like a nice, albeit pretty boring, guy but he’s won it before. 

Of the 4 left I'm hoping Bingham wins. Not a huge fan of the others (Don't mind Wilson so much). Selby's snooker is tough to watch and Murphy...nah. 

I saw an interview with Bingham and he came across as a nice guy. Hence, he gets my vote. 

Just wanted to take another sec to appreciate Judd "even Ronnie knows I'm the best" Trump and Neil "it'll take something special to beat me" Robertson both being out on their arses. Two of the biggest mouths in the sport. Love it.

I do like Selby though and appreciate him as a player. Top banter if he goes on another run of winning the worlds and catches up to O'Sullivan. He's good enough to do it as well.

I don't understand why the done thing nowadays with only the black left is to put it on the side cushion. You just leave it closer to a pocket than you would if you leave it on the top or bottom, and you have less distance between the cueball and the black. Stupid.