Snooker

RedWeb

Williams played well and thoroughly deserved to win. I like him but I'm always going to favour the Scot playing against him. Of the players left, I'd want McGill, Murphy or Williams (in that order) to win the title. I doubt any of them will.

21 hours ago, pandarilla said:

That was unbelievable.

And now on bbc one 'live snooker' but it's highlights from this morning???

Who the f**k is making these decisions at the bbc? Are they trying to f**k it up? It's like they've got no clue what fans actually want.

In fairness, they broadcast every single second of coverage and it is available to every single person with a TV.  I find it rather difficult to get worked up about the BBC's coverage of snooker, which is by a considerable distance, their best covered sport.

Apologies if this has been asked, but WTF is going on with Neil Robertson's hair? 

Neil Robertson

Is this what it looks like when he doesn't use straighteners, or did he take advantage of the hairdressers re-opening and book himself in for a nice perm and set?

Apologies if this has been asked, but WTF is going on with Neil Robertson's hair? 
_118181512_gettyimages-1314041948.jpg&key=4514bd5b4d4f47bde5a67eb0edfc25e29c79ce401f69588886045da820b8288c
Is this what it looks like when he doesn't use straighteners, or did he take advantage of the hairdressers re-opening and book himself in for a nice perm and set?
He's had it for a few months, so i think it's a home made perm (incredibly).

It's absolutely fucking mental.

It's his natural hair that he's had bleached and straightened for years, understandably so now that you see him.

He's keeping it for the worlds out of superstition, he's been playing well so doesn't want to change anything.

It's his natural hair that he's had bleached and straightened for years, understandably so now that you see him.
He's keeping it for the worlds out of superstition, he's been playing well so doesn't want to change anything.
Seriously? That's his natural hair style? Holy shit that's mental.

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Some effort from Gilbert to throw that frame away.

And since he has the weakest mentality of anyone left in the tournament I fully expect Trump to run away with it now.

Aye it could be 2-0 to Bingham. 50 odd point leads in both frames and McGill has cleared them both up to take it on the black. Still think this will be a close match and a good'un. I like how they both play.

Finishes 4-4 with most of the frames in the balance at some point. Verhaas and Scullion f**k up the scores on the other table causing a bit of commotion while McGill was winding up for a pressure green to level up. Doesn't seem to let much affect his concentration other than annoying Welshmen standing in his eyeline.

Selby will beat Williams handily the way they're both playing. Williams beat Higgins playing some fantastic low percentage snooker by just not missing while Higgins was poor. Selby is playing really well and is the ultimate percentage player. Would be very surprised if Selby wasn't in the semis.

Similarly on the other table although Murphy is just ahead at the minute, he has far too many misses in him to beat Trump over 25 for me.

25 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Selby's winning it imo.

Out of everyone in the quarters you'd have to say so. He'd be among the favourites playing poorly never mind the form he's been in.