Snooker

RedWeb

He got absolutely bodied by Matt Seltz the other month as well. He's stated that he won't be back to his best for at least another year.
I reckon he's just destined for the odd qualifying game here or there like White.
I just don't see what he is trying to achieve. As great as his ability is, I don't see him regaining the sharpness that would get him competing to win tourneys. He was miles away from where he would need to be on Monday, even though he won. There were safety and positional shots that were feet short, never mind inches.

His situation is completely different to White's as my understanding is that Jimmy is still trying to play as he needs the money, not that he has made a lot in prize money since coming back on tour.

Hendry has stated he misses the buzz of playing and his target is to compete and qualify for the World Championships, for which this year came far too soon. He doesn't expect to win tournaments or get anywhere near the standards of the top players.
White is competing to stay on the tour, which I think he's now fell off, Hendry doesn't have that concern.

Hendry has very little to lose, just people saying he’s now pish which is something he currently openly admits. More matches and he should sharpen up. I'd rather watch him now than many of the players at the top like Bingham, Selby and Wilson.

Still a brave player and goes for his shots. Being on the tour again should invigorate him but he'll need to brace himself for a few shoeings and participate in as many tournaments as possible. Last year he pulled out of everything with the excuse that he wasn't ready.

On 09/04/2021 at 07:12, meanmistermustard said:

Hendry has stated he misses the buzz of playing and his target is to compete and qualify for the World Championships, for which this year came far too soon. He doesn't expect to win tournaments or get anywhere near the standards of the top players.
White is competing to stay on the tour, which I think he's now fell off, Hendry doesn't have that concern.

Hendry has very little to lose, just people saying he’s now pish which is something he currently openly admits. More matches and he should sharpen up. I'd rather watch him now than many of the players at the top like Bingham, Selby and Wilson.

White and Hendry are in exactly the same situation in terms of their tour card, just a year out of sync. White has been competing on an invitational tour card, same as Hendry, for the last four seasons I think. He just gets a fresh two year invitation every second year when he drops off the tour, don't think there's any realistic prospect of that changing whilst he still wants to play and is capable of remaining vaguely competitive.

Hendry will be in the same position this time next year in that he will technically drop off the tour at the end of his two year card barring a wild upturn in results but again if he wants another one he will get it. Ken Doherty and James Wattana have had similar treatment in the past as well.

World champs starts tomorrow. Who we having for this then? Lifted this from bet365 (not a sponsored post I promise, just the only account I've got).

Not really attractive odds until you get to Murphy onwards. Value options for me are Bingham at 40/1 and McGill at 100/1. Not saying McGill is going to win it but each way wouldn't be out of the question if he gets a good run going.

I couldn't confidently predict a winner this year. None of the top 10 (or Bingham) would really shock me. Maybe if Allen or Maguire get the finger out one of them could be a surprise winner.

image.thumb.png.1897607b913944c723965d4a586d62ba.png

Just now, Aidan said:

Just stuck this on now, I can't remember Rob Walker being so miserable when introducing players before, what's that about?

What do you think??? 

Delighted to see that the BBC no doubt 'had a word' to ensure that the player introductions were 'dialled down' today. Just to maintain the sombre mood you understand.  

FFS!!!!!

Tian just let Higgins off the hook. He'll not catch him playing that badly again and as the match has went on Tian's just crumbled and Higgins knew it and got just good enough to take the match away. Likewise not sure Tian will believe he's winning now.

In the evening session Kyren Wilson is starting to give Gary Wilson a shoeing having been 5-1 down, now 7-5 up and looking a certainty. K Wilson is very mentally strong in these long matches.

1 minute ago, Trackdaybob said:

Some shot there from McGill :o 

Aye he's in superb form. He'll need to be if he tidies this match up, O'Sullivan next.