Snooker

RedWeb

It may have already been posted on this thread in fact I’ve no doubt it has but there’s a fantastic tweet doing the rounds of O’Sullivan making a max break in the same time it took Selby to make one shot. 

O'Sullivan's interview after the Selby match was good. BBC trying to create some emotional narrative for the final only for O'Sullivan to repeatedly go on about his cue action.
He also said anyone who has won it four times is a snooker great but also included Williams. The only other three time winner in the modern era is Selby, tho he was more referring to Higgins who has won it four times.
That came across absolutely as a dig at Selby and I'm absolutely on board with it.
Ahhh.

I thought he was having a dig at Williams.

Williams was pretty critical of o'sullivan as well after the qf - and i thought he was highlighting the fact that Williams wasn't in the 4 and over category.

The fact he was really digging out selby is quite funny.

Give me Selby over o sullivan any day though. Not in terms of enjoyable snooker, but in terms of how big a dick they are.

I think in future it would be better to have this in the weeks before the World Championship as an appetiser. Having it afterwards it can be difficult to watch when you are used to a much better standard. Like having the BDO pub darts after the PDC. I will still try to watch the final, though.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

I think in future it would be better to have this in the weeks before the World Championship as an appetiser. Having it afterwords it can be difficult to watch when you are used to a much better standard. Like having the BDO pub darts after the PDC. I will still try to watch the final, though.
That's a great shout.

• 2 weeks later...

I reckon he will do better than White if he is practising regularly, rather than just for one week before the Seniors. I suspect the Covid-inspired schedule featuring loads of tournaments in the UK has probably tempted him back.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just 2 months after his last one Higgins knocks in another 147. Big cheer from Selby and Trump as well 😂 Setting up his retirement very nicely with all the extra dough.