Snooker

RedWeb

14 minutes ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

What is the script with nominating a colour when two are close together? I’ve noticed a few times where the colour they end up hitting is next to another but they haven’t declared it. I thought it was mandatory.

It's up to the ref. A player can voluntarily nominate if they choose to but if the ref has any doubt to which colour the player is aiming for they'll ask them to nominate before the shot.

The rules are technically that a player needs to nominate a colour after every red but because it's usually obvious and because pros don't tend to miss the colour they were aiming for unless snookered the referee normally lets them get on with it so nomination is now by exception.

I know his emotions would have been high and so on, but it was weird to hear McGill say he didn't think he'd put a foot wrong in the final frame and had just been unlucky. The frame was packed with errors, and apart from anything else he went from a position where he was leading the frame to a point where he needed a snooker. Yes, it was a very good (or lucky) snooker by Wilson behind the yellow, but you definitely don't expect a player to rack up that eight misses in a row. I haven't been able to find the details anywhere, but he must have given away at least 50 points in fouls across the entire frame.

I know his emotions would have been high and so on, but it was weird to hear McGill say he didn't think he'd put a foot wrong in the final frame and had just been unlucky. The frame was packed with errors, and apart from anything else he went from a position where he was leading the frame to a point where he needed a snooker. Yes, it was a very good (or lucky) snooker by Wilson behind the yellow, but you definitely don't expect a player to rack up that eight misses in a row. I haven't been able to find the details anywhere, but he must have given away at least 50 points in fouls across the entire frame.
I think it was 35 just on that yellow.

1 minute ago, Blootoon87 said:
34 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I think it was 35 just on that yellow.

I'm sure he went in off on a couple of separate occasions just before it too.

36 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I think he was specifically talking about his break before he lost position. He was perfect and played a textbook split of the pack with red everywhere and he was really unlucky not to be on one.

In the final it looks like both players could miss anything.

Yeah standard is not good. Think both have not properly recovered from the drama of the semis. But on the current balance of play both are missing but Wilson is missing more and O'Sullivan is getting plenty of easy 40 or 50 break chances to clear up. Wilson has had more than enough chances to actually be ahead but keeps fucking it up.

I reiterate that I don't think he has it in him to win it from here even though he's won that session. I remain hopeful.

Ah page 147 of the snooker thread.

Pretty shite final so far. O'Sullivan is way off it but still 3 ahead. Wilson's done well to get back into it but will be pissed to lose that last frame. If he took that frame to be 1 behind I'd have fancied him to win it. Depends what O'Sulivan comes out tomorrow but I'd make him only slight favourite the way he's playing and behaving.

As much as I love watching him when he's in full flow he acts like a petulant wee boy when it's not going his way. Even if he wins to get a 6th World title you know his speach is going to be about how terrible he is.

I haven't watched any of the snooker this year mainly because I've been backshift so I've no idea what's went on. I've just seen this interview (again, no idea what happened during the tournament) but it had me in stitches. 

Edited by Mr. Alli