Snooker

RedWeb

I hate him so much. Don't care for Wilson and he doesn't have a hope in hell, but I hope he does something.
I share your hatred for him. Totally irrational hatred, but it's the way it is.
He's right
I disagree. Thought Selby looked like a dick there. Sour grapes.

You only get to say that if it's someone else that's lost, or if you've won the game.

Didn't watch the interviews but O'Sullivan is a jammy b*****d. Can only hope Kyren plays the match of his life but it's a 1 in 20 shot at best for him IMO.

Haven't commented on the McGill game yet. Oh. Ya. Fucker. What a match. Shite way for it to finish but show me a better match in history. Utterly epic.

What did Selby say, basically ROS fluked his way out of serious trouble in the decider?
He felt he disrespected him because when he put him in snookers he was just hitting and hoping rather than trying to play out of them.

Basically, by getting out of snookers in a way he didn't like and beating him, he was disrespectful.

Sour grapes it is then. Surprised it doesn't happen more often after massive deciding moments like that when you interview the players 30 seconds after the match. With those 2 as well, clearly no good feeling between them.

Even McGill was simmering about feeling like that match was stolen from him although he was quick to say not by his opponent.

I just find it rich him moaning about people being disrespectful to an opponent when he spends 2 minutes walking around the table chalking his cue before getting down for a shot to break his opponents momentum at every opportunity, like Djokovic calling the trainer in the tennis.

Sour grapes it is then. Surprised it doesn't happen more often after massive deciding moments like that when you interview the players 30 seconds after the match. With those 2 as well, clearly no good feeling between them.
Even McGill was simmering about feeling like that match was stolen from him although he was quick to say not by his opponent.
Also said about Ronnie conceding frames while he was down on a shot, and moving in his eye line and stuff. But mainly the hit and hopes. Said it was disrespecting the game.

7 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Also said about Ronnie conceding frames while he was down on a shot, and moving in his eye line and stuff. But mainly the hit and hopes. Said it was disrespecting the game.

Conceding games when your opponent is at the table is always ungentlemanly conduct unless they're not actually on the next ball or have an awkward shot with rests, extensions involved etc where you know both players will be happy to just wrap it up.

But there was a few times when Selby could have just cleared the colours and O'Sullivan was already walking out to the back which is a trademark dick move by a dick of a man.

Still not doing Selby any favours moaning about it after he gets beat right enough but he makes some valid points.

1 hour ago, MP_MFC said:

He felt he disrespected him because when he put him in snookers he was just hitting and hoping rather than trying to play out of them.

Basically, by getting out of snookers in a way he didn't like and beating him, he was disrespectful.

I love smashing the balls around at pool when the other guy's been playing a slow tactical game and trying to cover the pockets. All that patient work for nothing.:lol:

Two crackers, there. Wilson should have been more ruthless with that cracker of snooker behind the yellow and kept his opponent in and left him a wreck instead of nearly flinging it away. 

Ronnie needs a phone call with Steve Peters tomorrow morning, judging by his demeanour. If he has his head screwed on right he'll do Wilson inside three sessions. 

12 minutes ago, Scorge said:

Two crackers, there. Wilson should have been more ruthless with that cracker of snooker behind the yellow and kept his opponent in and left him a wreck instead of nearly flinging it away.

He couldn't. He already got to snookers required so can't call a miss and replace the ball again after that.

8 hours ago, GiGi said:

He couldn't. He already got to snookers required so can't call a miss and replace the ball again after that.

Ahh, wasn't aware of that rule, thanks. One of the most bizarre frames I've seen, anyway...

Two absolutely epic semi finals which were unbelievable drama, McGill must've had a sleepless night after that insane last frame. Say what you want about Ronnie and his antics but he is a snooker genius. Looking forward to hopefully more drama in the final.