Snooker

RedWeb

Really need Selby to be winning this for any chance of a first time world champ. He kind of got away with that session.

Strong opening from McGill too but he'll need more of that. I fancy Wilson won't be that bad again.

Both the BBC and Eurosport commentators are trying hard to contain their "come on Wilson" cheerleading.  Some patronising "well done" comments for Anthony McGill when he's played well.

I hope McGill wins and gets ROS in the final and, as was said above by JM's Ghost, shafts him producing a surprise/shock.

1 hour ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

Has John Higgins retired or something? Seemed like it with that clip there.

Nah, they are just showing old World Championships during the breaks. Showed the year Dott won it the other day.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

Selby really does bring it out of O'Sullivan doesn't he? I said it earlier in the thread but big match Selby is unbelievable.  Still, he'll have to keep up a very high level because O'Sullivan is still very interested and capable of just smashing his way through 5 of 6 frames before anyone knows what's hit them.

I predicted and still think O'Sullivan wins this match and the championship but I'd be so happy to have him out and hope for a first time winner to beat Selby in the final. Not even because I don't like Selby because I do, but the 2 younger boys would be worthy winners (ie McGill for maximum gammon tears).