Snooker

RedWeb

I'm quite happy to watch the players making great pots and building huge breaks... for most of the match. In the closing stages, though, give me a nervewracking safety shitfest every time.

There's no way the 1985 Final would be nearly so fondly remembered if Taylor had just cleared up with an eighty break on his first visit to the table.

5 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Re: shite safety play. I know it's not the best, but it's cracking drama all the same. 

Absolutely, so bad it’s good.

This is the snooker equivalent of Mahut v Isner.

Edited by trainspotter
Beaten by AMMjag in the comparison stakes

The stares from Jan Verhaas to both players are looking increasingly murderous. A three way punch up to ensue once Anthony McGill puts the yellow on the side cushion or covers a pocket with the black again.

Coming across quite arsey here in the interview

Really? I never got that at all. Thought he came across well, and played down the incident well.
Think he is genuinely knackered. Doesn't seem to have any grudge against Clarke.
Agreed.

I would've loved to see an interview with clarke right there too, though.

And how the f**k can Jimmy White still be collecting a paycheck from eurosport? He adds very little, and clearly doesn't give a f**k.

See McGill eventually won. I really need to stop looking at the comments of snooker stuff on Facebook they make my head hurt. McGill gets annoyed at his opponent not respecting table etiquette and asks him to sit down or stay out of eyeline - dick let's all hope he loses now he's the new Ali Cartner. O'Sullivan says snookers youngsters and lower ranked players are all bad and should be amateurs - haha good old Ronnie what's he like eh?

O'Sullivan is right, to an extent. Been the case for the last 10/15 years that the players coming through are much more suited to shorter matches and they struggle with anything over a couple of sessions. The concentration levels and mentality seems to be the main thing. The game is littered with boys who can walk in, hit a century, look like the next big thing and then disappear without trace because they have zero consistency when it moves beyond best of 11.

Edited by Ross.

12 minutes ago, Ross. said:

O'Sullivan is right, to an extent. Been the case for the last 10/15 years that the players coming through are much more suited to shorter matches and they struggle with anything over a couple of sessions. The concentration levels and mentality seems to be the main thing. The game is littered with boys who can walk in, hit a century, look like the next big thing and then disappear without trace because they have zero consistency when it moves beyond best of 11.

Yeah, I got that impression with that match last night between MacGill and Clarke last night - the latter of whom looked like he should be tucked up in bed rather than competing in the biggest snooker competition in the world. Whilst MacGill did enough for victory in the end, he certainly won't be getting a penny gambled on him in the next round - despite my flair for picking the wrong winner in every match. 

O'Sullivan is still a fud though.