Snooker

RedWeb

Can understand McGill being pissed off but it seems the referee had sorted it, then he literally ran after Clarke to try to carry it on at the end of the frame. That was pretty shitey, imo. Still, imagine the game puts tremendous pressure on players and it is perhaps surprising that this sort of thing doesn't happen more often.

Jan is the coolest ref in snooker , looks like he'd headbut you if you continually questioned his calls or were an arse but would be fair about it. I also liked John Williams. Can't remember the refs name who looked like he hated being there and despised the entire game.
Which reminds me of the comments virgo etc would make when Michaela Tabb was refereeing. Never be tolerated now.

Can understand McGill being pissed off but it seems the referee had sorted it, then he literally ran after Clarke to try to carry it on at the end of the frame. That was pretty shitey, imo. Still, imagine the game puts tremendous pressure on players and it is perhaps surprising that this sort of thing doesn't happen more often.
I think the opposite.

I think he's let it boil up in him so much that when he decided to say something, he went too far.

For the rest of the frame he knows he's went a bit too far and is then paranoid that he'll be made to look like a dick, and so he wants to talk to clarke about it privately. Hence him running after him.

I think he would've caught clarke and said...

"mate, mate, I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be a dick but it was putting me off."

His big problem is that he's not cool, like big jan. He's a wee aggressive weegie - and folk usually take a big step back when confronted by one of these.

57 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

He's a wee aggressive weegie - and folk usually take a big step back when confronted by one of these.

What are you talking about?

Now I've seen it a few times I think McGill has a point but could have went about it better.  Clarke  has previous of this against Joe Perry (who was commentating on the match) in the qualifiers allegedly. I missed if Perry mentioned it but dont think he did. Clarke also tweeted at the interval "you wanna dance, lets dance". Then later admitted the gamesmanship worked for McGill yesterday but won't today. 

Either way it adds a bit of spice to it and should be a tasty last session. 

4 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

Fair play to Gould, he's digging in. 

Just lost a crucial frame here though. Should be 11-9 but 2 snookers and a free ball later and its 12-8. That's just broke the back of it now.

You always get someone that's there or thereabouts and I think Barry Hawkins comes into that category. He's never going to be remembered as one of the games greats but I'd quite like him to win the world title. A bit like when Stuart Bingham won it.
This aged well. Sorry Barry.

7 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

This has been some half session so far between ding and ronnie, both players missing unexpected shots but the pace of it is unreal.

Same story yesterday, Ding and O’Sullivan had finished their 8 frames before the other pair had reached the mid-session interval.