Snooker

RedWeb

12 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Yan bingtao looks like such a boring b*****d. Has he got anything about him, in terms of personality, or is he more of a drone-like professional?

He is pretty bland but you could say the same about alot of the players. Trump hasn't got much of a personality either but ge makes up for that with some unreal shots. I can't stand watching Higgins, Robertson, Ding etc they're all like robots.

I'd say the ones with some personality are O'Sullivan, Maguire, Allen , Williams. Although Maguire is jusy angry all the time and Allen annoys me by always talking to his opponent and trying to have a laugh. 

He is pretty bland but you could say the same about alot of the players. Trump hasn't got much of a personality either but ge makes up for that with some unreal shots. I can't stand watching Higgins, Robertson, Ding etc they're all like robots.
I'd say the ones with some personality are O'Sullivan, Maguire, Allen , Williams. Although Maguire is jusy angry all the time and Allen annoys me by always talking to his opponent and trying to have a laugh. 
I agree. Having a personality makes it more likely I'll either love them or hate them, but it definitely makes it more watchable for me.

Hendry was the ultimate professional robot, and if he wasn't flying the flag for Scotland I'd probably have hated his dominance.

The wee guy noppon seems a cool character, as does Robertson.

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

I agree. Having a personality makes it more likely I'll either love them or hate them, but it definitely makes it more watchable for me.

Hendry was the ultimate professional robot, and if he wasn't flying the flag for Scotland I'd probably have hated his dominance.

The wee guy noppon seems a cool character, as does Robertson.

Yeah Hendry was a robot, a winning machine, ice cool but you're right if he wasn't Scottish I might not have liked him the same. 

I see McGill and Clarke is getting a bit tasty with McGill accusing Clarke of standing in his eyeline constantly and the ref had to step in. McGill seemed raging about it...getting pumped won't help. 

Edited by Acastus

3 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Kicking off in the McGill v Clarke match.

Can't beat a bit of needle it spices things up a bit. Hopefully gives McGill  the boost he needs to make a comeback.

Edited by Acastus

Yeah Hendry was a robot, a winning machine, ice cool but you're right if he wasn't Scottish I might not have liked him the same. 
I see McGill and Clarke is getting a bit tasty with McGill accusing Clarke of standing in his eyeline constantly and the ref had to step in. McGill seemed raging about it...getting pumped won't help. 
I've not seen it but sounds to me like mcgill is being a dick?

Guest DAVIDB69

Have Wilson 22/1 to win the tournament still not sure he wins enough big matches.
If he beats Gould , he will get that chance against trump

You always get someone that's there or thereabouts and I think Barry Hawkins comes into that category. He's never going to be remembered as one of the games greats but I'd quite like him to win the world title. A bit like when Stuart Bingham won it.

Guest DAVIDB69
You always get someone that's there or thereabouts and I think Barry Hawkins comes into that category. He's never going to be remembered as one of the games greats but I'd quite like him to win the world title. A bit like when Stuart Bingham won it.

You never see him for the majority of the year but always comes alive at the crucible .

Don't really see what McGill done wrong. He was unhappy about Clarke being continually in his eyeline and was entitled to challenge that behaviour. No doubt fueled by the fact that he was getting gubbed at the time but even still, the boy Clarke was being a nugget.

The only person who came out looking good was the suave Jan Verhaas who as usual told the players who's boss and to sit down and shut up. Top man.

34 minutes ago, microdave said:

I was watching his first session with Robertson this morning and it was fucking torture. Spent about 20 minutes chasing each other round in frame two because Hawkins didn't seem to want to kill it off.

Don't really see what McGill done wrong. He was unhappy about Clarke being continually in his eyeline and was entitled to challenge that behaviour. No doubt fueled by the fact that he was getting gubbed at the time but even still, the boy Clarke was being a nugget.
The only person who came out looking good was the suave Jan Verhaas who as usual told the players who's boss and to sit down and shut up. Top man.
I think it was the way he did it. He was saying 'it's no big deal' but his demeanour and body language was saying the opposite.

5 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I think it was the way he did it. He was saying 'it's no big deal' but his demeanour and body language was saying the opposite.

What's he meant to say really? Doesn't want to cause a scene but he's kept his voice down made a point in what sounds like a calm but firm manner. The referee has dealt with it well and told the player to leave it there and let him deal with it thereafter.

Clarke has an overly smug puss in my opinion and I would be happy for our remaining ginger ambassador to dish out a proper telt and pap him out. Mon the McGill.

What's he meant to say really? Doesn't want to cause a scene but he's kept his voice down made a point in what sounds like a calm but firm manner. The referee has dealt with it well and told the player to leave it there and let him deal with it thereafter.
Clarke has an overly smug puss in my opinion and I would be happy for our remaining ginger ambassador to dish out a proper telt and pap him out. Mon the McGill.
He went right in close to him, and put his hand on him.

Why? There's simply no need. He's obviously been simmering for a while and then he's letting it all out. Just ask the player to sit down, with a simple request (or ask the ref to ask him).

If Clarke questions it, then you explain your reasoning. But he was giving all his reasons and speaking pretty quickly. The big ref was cool as f**k.