Snooker

RedWeb

8 minutes ago, microdave said:

You'd think Higgins will have enough to get through tonight. It's been unbelievably good this morning and I'm really looking forward to this evening's climax.

I've enjoyed watching Maflin, but his face was like 'wtf do I have to do' when Higgins was clearing up in that 16th frame.

Whether he wins or not Higgins is an absolute master. What a fucking player.

Must be dreadful having to play him over a long match like this and just not be able to pull away even when you're playing really well. His ability to clean up 60-70 breaks under the kosh is legendary.

8 hours ago, printer said:

I think if I had to select one player from all time to pot a black to save my life, I'd go with Higgins, even over Hendry.

Hendry bottled one respotted black against Williams in the Masters final, as I recall. Can't really remember Higgins losing a game where I felt the pressure got to him since the 96 World QF against O'Sullivan when they were both still kids. 

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

Tremendous performance from Maflin. I've really enjoyed watching him and he's now got a great chance of reaching the semi. McGill/Clarke for him in the quarters. Looking at the draw, if Trump was to lose to Bingtao then there would be a first time finalist.

Tremendous performance from Maflin. I've really enjoyed watching him and he's now got a great chance of reaching the semi. McGill/Clarke for him in the quarters. Looking at the draw, if Trump was to lose to Bingtao then there would be a first time finalist.
That's wide open. I've enjoyed Maflins play, bit surprising he's not done more.

Good chance for McGill, he's kind of regressed the last couple of years but did well in qualifying and could easily make the semi

Hope for a McGill v Maflin quarter, like both players. Always gutted to see Higgins go out but Maflin was superb and deserved it. No one he can't beat now if he keeps that up.

Hope for a McGill v Maflin quarter, like both players. Always gutted to see Higgins go out but Maflin was superb and deserved it. No one he can't beat now if he keeps that up.
He's reminding me of that year that shaun murphy broke on to the crucible scene. Kept thinking 'he'll lose this one' but he just kept going.

Feel sorry for Saengkham.

Selby is just horrible to watch.

Tonight's session should be a fun one to flick back and forward between assuming the usual Trump turns up and not the one from the first session and a bit.

12 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

Feel sorry for Saengkham.

Selby is just horrible to watch.

Tonight's session should be a fun one to flick back and forward between assuming the usual Trump turns up and not the one from the first session and a bit.

Selby off form is a proper shitfester but Selby at crunch time is different sauce much like Higgins. Good to watch in the big games.

He doesn't get enough credit and is actively loathed by people who shout CAMMONNRONNEHHH at snooker matches - get it right, right up all of those people btw.