Snooker

RedWeb

I wasn't expecting him to take that blue on but what a pot even outwith the deciding frame circumstances. Of course, Lisowski gifted him 16 pts earlier on but McGill then returned some of them. That was a bizarre frame but excellent to watch.

11 minutes ago, microdave said:

I wasn't expecting him to take that blue on but what a pot even outwith the deciding frame circumstances. Of course, Lisowski gifted him 16 pts earlier on but McGill then returned some of them. That was a bizarre frame but excellent to watch.

Nail biting stuff. Heart sank when the blue wobbled off the jaws, I can’t imagine how McGill must have felt.

It’s a fine line with the players as they always try and talk up the crowd, but it’s obvious that some of them (O’Sullivan and McGuire especially) would rather they played in front of no one. 

Oh and get that canned applause to f**k. The players must detest it surely?

The snooker world championships and how the lack of a crowd has made it a better to watch.
I understood your statement (but thanks for the condescending attitude) - i was looking for some reasoning.

Atmosphere in sporting events adds loads to an occasion, and i genuinely can't think of a single benefit from having no-one there. The tension last night would've been ramped up a few notches.

I understood your statement (but thanks for the condescending attitude) - i was looking for some reasoning.

Atmosphere in sporting events adds loads to an occasion, and i genuinely can't think of a single benefit from having no-one there. The tension last night would've been ramped up a few notches.

I think snooker is one of the few sports that benefits from it being silent.

Some fat, bald brexiteer shouting "come on Ronnie" while wearing a football top does not add to the occasion.

I think snooker is one of the few sports that benefits from it being silent.

Some fat, bald brexiteer shouting "come on Ronnie" while wearing a football top does not add to the occasion.
Silent all the way through?

Aye there are a couple of irritating shouts but the atmosphere just now is cold and it feels very empty.

I'm still glad it's on, obviously, but like the football and cricket - it's definitely lacking something.

It's clearly better with a crowd in to help ramp up the atmosphere and tension. Last night's deciding frame was superb but a crowd being there would've taken it to the next level. Only a fool thinks sport works better bcd.

Looks like Murphy is heading home, possibly not even getting a mid session interval this morning.

49 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Aye there are a couple of irritating shouts but the atmosphere just now is cold and it feels very empty.

A couple? It's incessant when O'Sullivan is playing.

I'm finding the whole build up/walk-on music to an empty theatre a bit bizarre tbf.

Murphy is going out on his arse unless Noppon bottles it severely.

On the other table Jamie Clarke levels up having needed 3 snookers and landing them all perfectly. Great frame.

Murphy is going out on his arse unless Noppon bottles it severely.
On the other table Jamie Clarke levels up having needed 3 snookers and landing them all perfectly. Great frame.
Quite glad to see this. Don't mind murphy too much, despite his god-bothering early doors, but the tournament needed a shock.

17 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

That sounds like an amazing first half session

Aye it has been. Started with 3 back to back centuries and very few mistakes allowed. Plus that frame where Clarke got the 3 snookers. It's really even and could go all the way.