Snooker

RedWeb

UK Championship well under way now.

The 'Juddernought' (sorry) already away home. No 'Triple Crown' for him :(    

Great to see the BBC bring in a female player onto the panel. Er, I think. No idea who she is,. A multi world champion apparently  :eusa_think:   There on merit of course. No agenda at all ;)  Wid though :) 

3 hours ago, Trackdaybob said:

UK Championship well under way now.

The 'Juddernought' (sorry) already away home. No 'Triple Crown' for him :(    

Great to see the BBC bring in a female player onto the panel. Er, I think. No idea who she is,. A multi world champion apparently  :eusa_think:   There on merit of course. No agenda at all ;)  Wid though :) 

Leanne Evans. She is probably the best current hope of a woman breaking into the main circuit and qualifying for the World Championships (when a female does the BBC will be making damn sure the next Galaxy knows never mind every individual on this planet).

The women's snooker championship thing annoys the hell out of me as it's the first to 6 in the final, which is f**k all on the main circuit. Pretty sure the women darts is the same.

The UK Championship has been good if you like scrappy frames but the standard has been pretty pish so far in the matches I've watched. Delighted Trump went out as the BBC wankfest was horrendous (they now focus every ounce of their energy on Ronnie). The quicker Mark Allen fucks off by losing the better.

Leanne was commentating on the Yan v Lisowski match but McManus is now on with Parrott. Maybe she just got bored senseless as both tv matches tonight are dire with the highlight so far being McManus saying "ooh, what a slice of good fortun... oh, he's left it."

Selby v O'Donnell must be one of the shittiest matches I've seen in a very long time. Unbelievably fucking atrocious. Currently 3-2 Selby.

Edited by meanmistermustard

The BBC coverage annoys me these days.

I liked it back in the day with match choice on the red button where you could select the match you wanted. 

Now it's a mess with only one match on the red button probably because the other is online or whatever. 

I don't want to watch online. I want to pick the match I want to watch on tv. 

It's Reanne Evans, not Leanne. Was interested to see if she would end up in an awkward interview with Mark Allen but they, disappointingly, interviewed him in a corridor somewhere.

(Evans is his ex and mother of his child and, by all accounts, they don't like each other).

Hope one of the underdogs can win this. Got tickets for the Worlds for the third year running next season. Was thinking of attending the UK for an change the year after. Quite fancy a piss up in York, anyway.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

3 hours ago, Trackdaybob said:

The BBC coverage annoys me these days.

I liked it back in the day with match choice on the red button where you could select the match you wanted. 

Now it's a mess with only one match on the red button probably because the other is online or whatever. 

I don't want to watch online. I want to pick the match I want to watch on tv. 

If you have a smart TV you fan find the online match and watch it on telly...

6 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

If you have a smart TV you fan find the online match and watch it on telly...

I don't have a smart TV.  There's nothing wrong with the TV I have. 

All I want is to press the red button. Then press the blue button. Then select the match I want. Like I used to be able to. 

Ahhh simpler times. 

9 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

It's Reanne Evans, not Leanne. Was interested to see if she would end up in an awkward interview with Mark Allen but they, disappointingly, interviewed him in a corridor somewhere.

(Evans is his ex and mother of his child and, by all accounts, they don't like each other).

Hope one of the underdogs can win this. Got tickets for the Worlds for the third year running next season. Was thinking of attending the UK for an change the year after. Quite fancy a piss up in York, anyway.

Typo as was on my phone. Had no idea she is Allen's ex but I pay no attention to their private lives.

I have tickets to two matches at the World Championships and really looking forward to it; hoping one is an utter shitfest that doesn't finish until 4:30 in the morning. The Masters would be my preference over the the UK, either that or the Tour Championship due to the longer matches.

BBC could easily open up another channel on the tv red button for the other table at the Worlds, like what they do for Wimbledon. I've had a football match and both snooker matches on over the last two nights and will be the same this evening.

1 hour ago, meanmistermustard said:

Ding v O'Sullivan so prepare for Taylor being aroused the entire match.

I'd love to hear Taylor rhapsodising about This Talented Chinese Player, sadly he's paired with Alan McManus who is the worst commentator in the history of anything because he does not shut up.

Good match, though.

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I'd love to hear Taylor rhapsodising about This Talented Chinese Player, sadly he's paired with Alan McManus who is the worst commentator in the history of anything because he does not shut up.

Good match, though.

Didn't watch as I cannot listen to Taylor commentate when Ding is playing, he's bad enough normally.

Instead have been watching one of the worst* matches to ever be played on tv; Gary Wilson v Nigel Bond. Mark Selby's last match was an utterly appalling standard, Wilson's match is far far worse. 

*A few of the  Ebdon classics would probably beat this shit for the worst match ever on tv (Ebdon v Dott in 2006 being one)

19 hours ago, meanmistermustard said:

Didn't watch as I cannot listen to Taylor commentate when Ding is playing, he's bad enough normally.

Instead have been watching one of the worst* matches to ever be played on tv; Gary Wilson v Nigel Bond. Mark Selby's last match was an utterly appalling standard, Wilson's match is far far worse. 

*A few of the  Ebdon classics would probably beat this shit for the worst match ever on tv (Ebdon v Dott in 2006 being one)

Wilson/Bond would've got snooker stopped. f**k knows where Bond pulled his last three frames from.

12 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Wilson/Bond would've got snooker stopped. f**k knows where Bond pulled his last three frames from.

I sat through Selby v Stevens last night until after midnight. Pot success of 79% v 84%. Mother of f**k that was awful.

6 hours ago, Trackdaybob said:

I gave up about half 10.

Enough was enough. 

So you made it until the final 2 frames then, good effort IMO. 

Because I'm a fucking masochist I'm also watching the conclusion of Allen v Bond. Nige is a nice enough guy but this match is pretty pish as well despite the final frame tension.