Snooker

RedWeb

Not ideal if you bought tickets for this session.
So what do the audience get to make up for the early final?
Taylor reminiscing about the 1985 final whilst Virgo does his impressions.
A night of poetry recitals with Alan McManus.
A mate of mine was at the final a few years back where there was a chance that the final session would only last a frame or three (in the end it went on for quite a while - I can't for the life of me remember which final it was though) and the audience were told there would be an exhibition match if it ended early - Steve Davis v Stephen Henrdy I think as they were both on BBC duty - with your usual trick shot stuff, a Q&A and the like.

20 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

A mate of mine was at the final a few years back where there was a chance that the final session would only last a frame or three (in the end it went on for quite a while - I can't for the life of me remember which final it was though) and the audience were told there would be an exhibition match if it ended early - Steve Davis v Stephen Henrdy I think as they were both on BBC duty - with your usual trick shot stuff, a Q&A and the like.

I read the other day that when Steve Davis beat John Parrott 18-3 with a session to spare that Parrott came back and played an exhibition in the evening. No more details than that, but if true it can't have been a very pleasant experience.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone play Snooker 19 Thought there would be no point starting a thread in the gaming forum as those likely to play it would post here. 

Its fucking hard but I’m starting to get a bit of joy. The most difficult part is judging the pace, I either under hit it or totally over hit it. My best break is 126, I highly doubt I’ll be able to get a maximum though. 

31DF5CA4-C04F-4FB6-AE5B-8128D9905029.jpeg

• 5 weeks later...
On 07/05/2019 at 17:28, Miguel Sanchez said:

I read the other day that when Steve Davis beat John Parrott 18-3 with a session to spare that Parrott came back and played an exhibition in the evening. No more details than that, but if true it can't have been a very pleasant experience.

Unlike a scouser to milk grief.

2 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Yet another World Cup triumph for Scotland, following on from the darts version earlier this month. 

You can see why the cricket authorities were so scared they didn't let Scotland in, now. 

Rarely troubled other than the games against Wales and Belgium either. 

Maguire and Higgins are a hell of a team when some nations had jobbers playing for them. Highest average ranking by a fair bit I would think.

16 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

EngIand had the best average ranking (even though four of their top five ranked players didn't turn up). Scotland joint-second with Wales. 

Like I said magnificent achievement against the odds for our plucky underdogs.

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

Did anyone go to the Scottish open last year? Day passes for the first couple of days this year are £15. I’ve never been to the snooker before, is it any good?

It's brilliant I highly recommend it. Great value the first few days as well as you see tons of games and multiple big names.

• 2 months later...

O'Sullivan in "being a massive c**t" shocker at the English open. Nearly lost to a game lower ranked opponent in Jamie O'Neill last night and he's sitting in the Eurosport studio calling the guy an amateur who shouldn't be earning a living from the sport.

• 5 weeks later...