Snooker

RedWeb

Just now, GiGi said:

Some effort yes and Gilbert shat the bed in a few of those frames. 14-10 and I would have fancied him getting there. 13-11 just keeps it interesting. Higgins will fancy it I think.

Gilbert was blowing out his arse at the end, so bizarrely the session has ended at a bad time.

Higgins takes the first frame tomorrow afternoon and Gilbert will fold I reckon.

Just now, LincolnHearts said:

Gilbert was blowing out his arse at the end, so bizarrely the session has ended at a bad time.

Higgins takes the first frame tomorrow afternoon and Gilbert will fold I reckon.

Still a ways to go. If Gilbert win the first frame instead it suddenly looks a long way off to Higgins again. 

I think Higgins will handle losing a couple of frames and missing some easy balls a lot better than Gilbert will at this stage of the match and the championship, but we'll see. Never a dull moment with the Wizard.

Higgins.
What a match player. 
Feel for Gilbert though, he's had a great tournament. 
Gilbert deserves alot of credit. It was only one of the best upping his game today that has stopped him reaching the final. Both men in tears during the interviews shows how draining that type of match must be.

Love Higgins :wub: and hopefully we'll see a lot more of Gilbert, who has made a lot of friends and cash over the last fortnight.

Nice nights rest and a maybe a wee gam off Denise to see John do the business in the final.

14 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

Love Higgins :wub: and hopefully we'll see a lot more of Gilbert, who has made a lot of friends and cash over the last fortnight.

Nice nights rest and a maybe a wee gam off Denise to see John do the business in the final.

giphy.gif?cid=4bf119fc5ccde38f726830684d

Gutted for Gilbert (and my potential thousand quid). Think if he hadn't got that kick in the final frame he'd have won it. Higgins is some player though, always has been. His long-potting in the last session was as good as it ever was in his early twenties. 

I wanted Higgins to win but I'm also gutted for Gilbert. His post match interview was brutal, he was so gutted to lose. A very genuine guy who thought he was going to have his moment. I really hope he gets it in the near future now.

Higgins though is just a special player. No one is that good under pressure. I suspect Trump will pump him soundly unless Judd himself drops a level and Higgins ups his, or drags him down to it. 

Outstanding to make 3 world finals in a row though, very short list of men to do that. Legend.

2 hours ago, GiGi said:

I wanted Higgins to win but I'm also gutted for Gilbert. His post match interview was brutal, he was so gutted to lose. A very genuine guy who thought he was going to have his moment. I really hope he gets it in the near future now.

I was the same I wanted Higgins to win but felt bad for Gilbert who played excellent. Could see how gutted he was sitting in his chair as Higgins potted the final few balls in that last frame. 

Higgins though is just a special player. No one is that good under pressure. I suspect Trump will pump him soundly unless Judd himself drops a level and Higgins ups his, or drags him down to it. 

Outstanding to make 3 world finals in a row though, very short list of men to do that. Legend.

Walker was a bit of a c**t that last interview. Absolutely ripping the heart strings and desperate to drag tears from the poor b*****d.

What happened to some understated emotion? Everyone seems to want a big dramatic breakdown these days.

Walker was a bit of a c**t that last interview. Absolutely ripping the heart strings and desperate to drag tears from the poor b*****d.

What happened to done understated emotion? Everyone seems to want a big dramatic breakdown these days.
Agree with this, the lad was breaking down in front of him, then Walker starts talking about his wife and kid.

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

What happened to some understated emotion? Everyone seems to want a big dramatic breakdown these days.

Reminds me of the time Hazel Irvine deliberately brought up, several times in an interview the then recent death of John Higgins father about ten years ago after he had won a major tournament, think it was either the Masters or UK Championship, memory is a bit hazy but specifically remember her constantly referring to the guys death and Higgins inevitable tears. Callous if im being generous, heartless cow if im being honest.