Snooker

RedWeb

Watching on  PC is the answer. BBC website lets you pick a table and if you've 2 screens, a game on each. That's the dream. Then for sound just pick the table with Hendry or McManus commentating.

Selby out, beaten 13-10 by Wilson.
Didn’t see almost all of the match as watching Williams but it was a fabulous 90+ break by Wilson to close the match out.
That was intense viewing this morning.

I'm fucked health wise at the moment so very grateful that there's some live sport on that I can get into.
For the last 10-15 years I've not really watched the crucible, or maybe just caught some of the semis and finals.

I have to say I'm enjoying this tournament, but I'm guessing it's nothing to do with its quality and more down to me actually sitting and concentrating on it for a change.

3 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

So for fifty quid I've got Quarter-Final tickets to watch Dave Gilbert! :lol:

Plays either Hawkins or Kyren Wilson.  :shutup

If you like hard gritty snooker you're in for some fine entertainment. 

With the demise of Williams I'm changing my allegiance to Gary Wilson; riding the competition of the smug arse that is Selby deserves some recognition and he's coming across well so far.  Have had Higgins from the start as well.

Alan McManus is a good commentator but is really bad at commentating. Talks endlessly and havers some utter pish in the process. The only good commentators on the BBC are Steve Davis and Stephen Hendry, as both know what they're talking about and do so succinctly. 

On 4/26/2019 at 23:20, JamieStevenson said:

It's a tough one. On Eurosport they just chat utter nonsense. On the flip side, Dennis Taylor loves the sound of his own voice on BBC and barely lets Hendry get a word in. Really you don't need sound at all as commentary and the crowd offer nothing to the game.

Wee Seema's a real hottie though.

9 hours ago, GiGi said:
Hawkins playing superbly. This could be an utter pumping.

Could have had his lead reduced to 6-5 but managed to win the frame after an awful miss by Wilson so now 7-4.
Players usually have at least one bad session over the course of the 17 days so it's how you manage that and what damage that does in the match.

Edited by meanmistermustard

On 26/04/2019 at 23:20, JamieStevenson said:

It's a tough one. On Eurosport they just chat utter nonsense. On the flip side, Dennis Taylor loves the sound of his own voice on BBC and barely lets Hendry get a word in. Really you don't need sound at all as commentary and the crowd offer nothing to the game.

I really like the commentary, find it educational and informative and adds to my enjoyment.  If I went to watch I would definitely get the headphones.  Except Virgo, who's a c**t.

Hawkins will be raging, he absolutely battered Wilson in the first session. Keeping an eye on the Ding v Trump game. Been a poor quality affair for the most part and Maguire has the winner.

Hawkins will be raging, he absolutely battered Wilson in the first session. Keeping an eye on the Ding v Trump game. Been a poor quality affair for the most part and Maguire has the winner.

Hawkins scoring disappeared and for a number of frames couldn't get a 40 break whilst Wilson clawed back the deficit eventually winning.

I think it's 16 sessions if playing all of them to win the tournament, something like winning 71 frames (my maths might be way out) and however many you lose. It's why the World Championship is such a b*****d to win as most players don't need to play as much to win a good number of the other tournaments on the circuit throughout the season. Some tournament matches are first to 4 which might not even be a mini session here. It's exhausting and so what might appear to be big leads can be overturned as it's a totally different mindset at times.

1 hour ago, meanmistermustard said:

Hawkins scoring disappeared and for a number of frames couldn't get a 40 break whilst Wilson clawed back the deficit eventually winning.

I think it's 16 sessions if playing all of them to win the tournament, something like winning 71 frames (my maths might be way out) and however many you lose. It's why the World Championship is such a b*****d to win as most players don't need to play as much to win a good number of the other tournaments on the circuit throughout the season. Some tournament matches are first to 4 which might not even be a mini session here. It's exhausting and so what might appear to be big leads can be overturned as it's a totally different mindset at times.

Agree with all that. And I also think it's why we don't see young world champions much now.

The last 10 year's it seems to be old heads lifting the trophy. Guys with the experience and mental fortitude that know how to manage such a heavy tournament.

Most of the young guys are playing these short format tournaments week in week out so I think the world's is a shock to the system. The guys in their 30s and 40s still remember a time when tournaments were much more sparse and you could properly prepare for the marathon in Sheffield.

I fancy it will be another 30+ winner again this year though it's not sticking my neck out much, must be only Trump and Wilson left to buck the trend.