Snooker

RedWeb

4 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

How the f**k did Maguire win that frame:lol:

Virgo acting like it was some kind of snooker miracle that McGuire won the frame, he was one snooker behind!

Been quite a night so far otherwise.

The final frame of Brecel v Wilson I watched in work and it was brilliant viewing. Was the longest frame at the crucible but it wasn't boring awful play; 8 reds collected around the black on the top cushion whilst the colours went awkward as well. Much more enjoyable viewing than endless big breaks that win frames in one visit.

7 minutes ago, meanmistermustard said:

Virgo acting like it was some kind of snooker miracle that McGuire won the frame, he was one snooker behind!

Been quite a night so far otherwise.

The final frame of Brecel v Wilson I watched in work and it was brilliant viewing. Was the longest frame at the crucible but it wasn't boring awful play; 8 reds collected around the black on the top cushion whilst the colours went awkward as well. Much more enjoyable viewing than endless big breaks that win frames in one visit.

Snooker then that fluke.. :lol:

Yeah I watched that frame too, absolute epic, thoroughly enjoyed it..Some amazing safety play.

Another decider here too

Edited by Bohemian

31 minutes ago, meanmistermustard said:

McGuire is a petulant arse prone to smashing the balls if two shots don't go his way so it's always a laugh to watch him. He was doing it earlier on and it was thoroughly enjoyable to see some wild wacks like I would do when totally pissed off.

That and he always looks as if he just crawled out of the scratcher after a session on it... But fair play to him, he didn't deserve to win that but somehow did.. he's lost 5 last frame deciders in the first round of the world championship, that some record, so fair play

16 hours ago, meanmistermustard said:

McGuire is a petulant arse prone to smashing the balls if two shots don't go his way so it's always a laugh to watch him. He was doing it earlier on and it was thoroughly enjoyable to see some wild wacks like I would do when totally pissed off.

I like him. Even if he does look like a bouncer in some dodgy pub around Glasgow Cross.

Hendry and Davis are commentating on the Ronnie match and they are brilliant. Unlike Virgo, Taylor etc, they don't go with shots being unlucky all time and the tension of the crucible whenever a player misses, instead saying shots are miles off, and it's not unlucky, the player is playing the wrong shot in the first place. 

28 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Looks like the real Mark Selby has turned up tonight

He was never going to play a second session as pish as this morning. 

Ronnie O'Sullivan is getting beat. Hopefully he will carry out his never-ending threat to retire if he gets stuffed.

Probably the most talented player ever to pick up a cue but an absolute dick and a face you couldn't tire of punching.